Ditting 807 Lab Sweet user experience - Page 14

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Acavia

#131: Post by Acavia »

shfu1234 wrote:many many thanks, coffeeOnTheBrain, now it makes sense !! and of course I will be running the grinder while changing setting from now on.
Would this apply to small increment? I have a KR804 with Lab Sweet burrs. I single dose grind for pourover, usually between 5 and 6.5, and sometimes might go from 6 to 5 from one day to the next. After a grind while it is running, I often turn finer so as to grind any partial bean that might be stuck on the burr.

Acavia

#132: Post by Acavia »

On adjusting grind while running, I noticed Ditting's instructions are to adjust grind as the first step in operations.

bangjampang

#133: Post by bangjampang »

Unfortunately this elusive grinder will still keep being rare.
i placed my order on May and up until now it keeps delaying, just now the distributor informed me that Ditting will only start shipping on January...

quite disappointed that my first experience dealing with company such as Ditting feels like a Kickstarter project :cry:
LMWDP #668

txxt

#134: Post by txxt replying to bangjampang »

This is precisely why I decided to go with the K804 LS. It seemed like availability and vendors were so unclear through all of 2021. And I'm not convinced there is enough of a difference in cup between the 804 and 807 w the same burrs. Happy to be proved wrong though!

Andrewp

#135: Post by Andrewp »

Hi guys..

I'm interested in one of these but note an earlier poster here commented on build quality saying it was just another "shop grinder" from memory...
Build quality and materials used are very important to me when spending this amount of money.

I'd be very interested in other members thoughts here who have used one or better still...own one.

Thanks in advance

laserK3000

#136: Post by laserK3000 »

bangjampang wrote:Unfortunately this elusive grinder will still keep being rare.
i placed my order on May and up until now it keeps delaying, just now the distributor informed me that Ditting will only start shipping on January...

quite disappointed that my first experience dealing with company such as Ditting feels like a Kickstarter project :cry:
Maybe the Mahlkönig E80S is an alternative for you. Judging from pictures and manuals the 807 and the E80S seem to share the same grinding assembly. Just a different case without a knocker. The burrs are almost the same. The cut looks identical, but they are made from tool steel rather than cast steel (the Peak cast burrs are listed in the accessory list).

Andrewp

#137: Post by Andrewp »

Golly that is some beast of a grinder..probably more set for the cafè/business scene...not my kitchen bench. But thank you for posting the info..it was greatfully received. I must say the thing I like about the Ditting is it's push the button and grind the beans..simple..and simple is good,very good!
Too much electronic gadgetry for me also..

bangjampang

#138: Post by bangjampang »

Well, i've waited untill January, hopefully it will be coming soon haha
LMWDP #668

pudeyan

#139: Post by pudeyan »

Just received mine and noticed that there is no instructional sticker on the inner side of the hopper lid, and...

... worst of all there was no shiny stainless steel ground bean receiver in the box, and I cannot find any place to buy it.

Any ideas? (I'm in Europe)

bangjampang

#140: Post by bangjampang replying to pudeyan »

Better contact the distributor and ask them about it.
While you at it make sure the machibe running correctly if something wrong better ask them to switch with a working one.
LMWDP #668