DF83 v2 to include antistatic tech similar to Fellow Ode Gen2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
boren

#1: Post by boren »

And with a much cooler name - "plasma generator". Also coming with this version is an improved declumper. Hopefully v3 will add an RPM control and move the power cord to the back.

Source: https://www.turingrinders.com/products/ ... se-grinder

Beanjuice

#2: Post by Beanjuice »

I am on the pre order wagon for this one ! 8)

Deephaven

#3: Post by Deephaven »

Plasma generator? What is that?

GDM528

#4: Post by GDM528 »

"Plasma generator"? srsly? I'm guessing they're stretching the definition a wee bit.

Has anyone posted a teardown - too soon?

Dtkoffee

#5: Post by Dtkoffee »

And of course I just received my DF83 a few weeks ago. Although the static isn't bad at all with RDT.

boren (original poster)

#6: Post by boren (original poster) »

Apparently there'll be kits to retrofit the "plasma generator" into the original version of the grinder, but they'll require some rewiring.

syc

#7: Post by syc »

GDM528 wrote:"Plasma generator"? srsly? I'm guessing they're stretching the definition a wee bit.

Has anyone posted a teardown - too soon?
Joe Kolb said it is similar to what is in the Fellow Ode Gen2. He said he'll post a video in a few days. I doubt he'll post a teardown unless he sends it to Barret Ellis to make a portakeeper video.

LObin

#8: Post by LObin »

Yeah I'm not sure why anyone would actually do a teardown on a brand new grinder. Maybe in 50 years as a yard sale find, restoration project...

I have to give props to Joe Kolb and to the Turin (DF) manufacturer. They really listen and work to improve their designs. Not only do they come up with new models but they release new versions with corrections and updated parts.

Kudos!
LMWDP #592

Deephaven

#9: Post by Deephaven »

boren wrote:Apparently there'll be kits to retrofit the "plasma generator" into the original version of the grinder, but they'll require some rewiring.
Any idea on the price of these kits?

boren (original poster)

#10: Post by boren (original poster) »

I believe it was mentioned here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/df83gri ... 228949006/

Better ask the admin there, Joe Kolb.