Deep cleaning of very dirty Mazzer Super Jolly - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
farmroast

#11: Post by farmroast »

I remembered finding this in an older post. Pictorial of doser disassembly.
http://www.kaffee-netz.de/reparatur-und ... l-1-a.html
LMWDP #167 "with coffee we create with wine we celebrate"

dsc

#12: Post by dsc »

Hi,
JohnB. wrote:I can see removing the lower burr to clean under it but why remove the entire burr carrier? Is there a space under there where grinds collect?
John you would be surprised to see what sits under the lower burr carrier in grinders that haven't been cleaned at all for a few years. Here's a photo of what the lower burr carrier looked like on my used Major:

It was like rubber and very hard to remove, not to mention that it looked awful and smelled terribly.

Regards,
dsc.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JohnB. »

dsc wrote:Hi,
John you would be surprised to see what sits under the lower burr carrier in grinders that haven't been cleaned at all for a few years. Here's a photo of what the lower burr carrier looked like on my used Major:

It was like rubber and very hard to remove, not to mention that it looked awful and smelled terribly.
Regards,
dsc.
Thats pretty gross, it looks more like what I clean off my chainsaw then what I get out of my grinders! I vacuum/brush out the burr area of my grinders at least once a week & pull the burrs once a month for a more thorough cleaning. Maybe I'll start pulling the carrier quarterly to see whats growing under there.
LMWDP 267

sweaner
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by sweaner »

Gosh, I think I need to be a bit more compulsive about cleaning the grinder.
Scott
LMWDP #248