Counter-clockwise hand grinder or burr? - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by baldheadracing »

jbviau wrote:... More seriously, how certain are you that coffee grinding is what's causing the imbalance?
Less seriously, I'm certain that coffee grinding has caused me to become unbalanced :mrgreen:.

ira
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by ira »

I keep wanting to ask, how many pounds of coffee are you grinding every day?

Ira

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
rmongiovi

#13: Post by rmongiovi »

baldheadracing wrote:Less seriously, I'm certain that coffee grinding has caused me to become unbalanced :mrgreen:.
Perhaps you could find something else you enjoy that would exercise the other side?

ryan.c12121

#14: Post by ryan.c12121 »

Surprisngly, there is a counter clockwise hand grinder on kickstarter. Not to get the tin foil hat on but this isn't some ploy to get us talking about this hand grinder, right?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... PUvhpeHDjY

ragdoll serenade

#15: Post by ragdoll serenade »

Hold the grinder upside down.

malling

#16: Post by malling »

:lol: how on earth can you build a noticeable muscles mass by handgrinding, I just don't see it, even if you grind kg every day it's sound a bit far fetched. But thanks for the :lol:

Jonk

#17: Post by Jonk »

ryan.c12121 wrote:Surprisngly, there is a counter clockwise hand grinder on kickstarter. Not to get the tin foil hat on but this isn't some ploy to get us talking about this hand grinder, right?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/co ... PUvhpeHDjY
Not likely, since they claimed the production model will be clockwise.
Surprised to read that the Etzinger etz-I will be CCW though! Guess they didn't want to machine mirrored burrs for that one.

Artisan Plus: complete coffee greens inventory management service
Sponsored by Artisan Plus
BodieZoffa

#18: Post by BodieZoffa »

malling wrote::lol: how on earth can you build a noticeable muscles mass by handgrinding, I just don't see it, even if you grind kg every day it's sound a bit far fetched. But thanks for the :lol:
Ever tried using an HG-1 by suspending/cranking it mid-air instead of taking the easy way by leaving it on a tabletop?

malling

#19: Post by malling » replying to BodieZoffa »

:lol:

Probably also the only way to gain it :mrgreen:

drgary
Team HB

#20: Post by drgary »

BodieZoffa wrote:Ever tried using an HG-1 by suspending/cranking it mid-air instead of taking the easy way by leaving it on a tabletop?
Now THAT'S an idea! :shock: If you could do it while fastened into an inversion board you could train to perform in Cirque du Soleil.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!