Could someone please translate the grinders consistency information from this Chinese thread? - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Aficionado

#41: Post by Aficionado »

If I'm getting an upgrade from my Helor 101, does it make sense to buy the JS or JE version? I am using purely for Espresso only. JE is made for espresso but doesn't seem as good on paper? How about machine-equivalent grinders?

cdo

#42: Post by cdo replying to Aficionado »

I'd look at the JE-Plus instead of the JE if you are looking to upgrade from a Helor 101 as it has much finer adjustments

Aficionado

#43: Post by Aficionado »

I didn't have any issues with micro-adjustments for my Helor 101 back then, and I am just looking at improvements to extraction. What will be a good recommendation then?

cdo

#44: Post by cdo replying to Aficionado »

Trusting that the sample size of individual grinders can be extrapolated upon, (which really isn't the best idea) it would seem the JS is indeed the best grinder to go for, but it is out of stock at the moment. It also really depends what your are using it for as I think these tests were done at more of a pourover grind size unless I misread the post.

Aficionado

#45: Post by Aficionado »

I'm using it for espresso/latte..

cdo

#46: Post by cdo replying to Aficionado »

I talked to the guy who was doing the testing on the other forum and they didn't recommend the JS for espresso, definitely go for the JE-Plus or something else with more precision.

tigonridge (original poster)

#47: Post by tigonridge (original poster) replying to cdo »

The JS uses the same housing (everything that isn't the burr set) as the JX, so it also lacks the fineness of adjustment for espresso. The "pro" equivalent of the JS is called the ZP6, which has more clicks like the JX pro.

cdo

#48: Post by cdo replying to tigonridge »

It also uses a far from traditional burrset, and according to the guy who tested all the grinders he has not tested them at espresso grind settings.