Compak K10 Doserless - Page 7

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
AidanC

#61: Post by AidanC »

So any word on the Compak grinders with Caffee Culture 2010 London finishing up ??

I need the beans to be spilled :)...

lolgun

#62: Post by lolgun »

I sent an email to compak, but I have a feeling that they are all busy at the show still. I'm hoping to get some more info tomorrow or Sat - soon as I get something I'll post it here.

Advertisement
AidanC

#63: Post by AidanC »

Cool, I have emailed Compak aswell about the grinders but also no reply. Can't wait to get the scoop.

lolgun

#64: Post by lolgun »

I'm a little disappointed that Compak hasn't emailed me back already, they were very prompt on the replies before. I'll try again tomorrow, but still no word. :cry:

jammin

#65: Post by jammin »

Has anyone tried phoning Josh from Compak USA? He's a pretty cool guy and I'm sure he'd get you the info you want. He helped me find a great deal on my K10 WBC, so if you are serious about buying, be sure and ask him what's good. He seems to know people who have demo models they want to sell etc..

AidanC

#66: Post by AidanC »

OMG here it is. It looks weird to me, still very concept patched up looking. Paparazzi shots taken from the Compak website.
Would love to see some closeups of the other grinders in the background.

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#67: Post by Peppersass »

The exit tube looks pretty long. If they're using the same horizontal chute out of the burr chamber, it'll be no better than the current doserless model. But if the chute has been redesigned, it could be a winner. I think to pull that off the chute would have to be much shorter than the K10's, which would imply a chassis radius at least 1" smaller, or/or the chute would have to be angled downward so that gravity assists the feed and you can stick a brush straight up the tube to sweep out the chute. It's hard to tell, but the chassis doesn't look significantly smaller than the K10 in the background of the third photo.

Advertisement
NelisB

#68: Post by NelisB »

My dutch Compak dealer wrote that this is still a prototype.

lolgun

#69: Post by lolgun »

not liking the looks at all here. Am I the only one that thinks a clean chute on the front is all you need? There should be a better way to integrate the electronics with the body instead of just clumping it on top of the chute. Take a look at the Nino for example, that is some very clean lines.

One thing though, I do think the short hopper is verrryyy sexy.

framey

#70: Post by framey »

A google search turned up this youtube video:
Very little on the K10, mainly K8, but you get some idea as to layout and programming.

I'm really hoping that the grinds delivery chute is steep, constant and starts close to the burrs.

Did notice clumpy looking grinds from the K10... could be many factors at play.

One last thing, the video mentions a release date of September 2010.