Comandante weight with polymer grounds cup?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
bialettibarista

#1: Post by bialettibarista »

Would a Comandante MK4 owner out there be so nice and weigh it with just the new polymer grounds cup? Most online stores list it as 800g but my guess is the is the total package weight. This is for backing/travel so the weight is important to me.

Glacier21

#2: Post by Glacier21 »

I'm seeing 581g with the clear cup.

bialettibarista (original poster)

#3: Post by bialettibarista (original poster) »

Thanks a lot! That was about what I was hoping for. It is about a third of my Kinu.

Jonk

#4: Post by Jonk »

They will release a smaller travel version called Trailmaster made with more plastic, meant for hiking and such. It even floats in water.

Other lightweight alternatives are 1zpresso Q2 heptagonal or X-Pro, with similar burrsets.

bialettibarista (original poster)

#5: Post by bialettibarista (original poster) replying to Jonk »

Thank you for the info. I checked it out the Trailmaster on YouTube and does have my attention. I'll just want untill it becomes available.

ira
Team HB

#6: Post by ira »

If you're really looking for a light hand grinder, the OE Fixie is only 350 grams or 330 if you leave the tin of shims home.

Jeff
Team HB

#7: Post by Jeff »

The Q2 hepta just became available outside of China, at least on the English-language 1Zpresso site.

Initial reports and photos indicate that the burr and some internals are slightly different in the 2022 hepta than in the previous, China-only version.

(Also available at $99 on Amazon US)

Jonk

#8: Post by Jonk »

Jeff wrote:Initial reports and photos indicate that the burr and some internals are slightly different in the 2022 hepta than in the previous, China-only version.
Interesting. Do you have links to the reports/photos?