Ceado's new single dosing grinder: E37SD

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dsblv

Postby dsblv » Jan 07, 2019, 11:30 am

Ceado just posted another teaser on Instagram of a new single dosing grinder. They say it will be announced on January 19th: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsVgSjOCPOC/

The machine looks like an updated version of the E37S. I wonder if the grinder would be branded the E37SD?

JayBeck

Postby JayBeck » Jan 07, 2019, 11:45 am

If they are smart, they will make this new burr carrier a purchase for existing E37S owners. It definitely looks to be a modified E37S. Swapping out to this new funnel system should be as easy 3 screws and 60 seconds. You'd lose that dedicated on/off button but there's a workaround for that: Just set one of the dose buttons to like 30 seconds. Tap it, drop beans and use blower and you now have an automated 'off' built in.

This would actually be pretty cool if it works out because then you could go from hopper to single dose very quickly with the same grinder.

CarloM

Postby CarloM » Jan 07, 2019, 12:06 pm

Oooh I'm super interested in this. 2019 will be the year of a new grinder for me. Upgrading from a Mazzer Mini-E type A. Was looking at both the E37S and the Niche. I appreciate how Niche has introduced a great new product to shake up the market. I like disruptive inventions. But I also like having the tried and true experience of long-standing companies like Mazzer, Ceado, etc. behind their products.

If this comes in at under 2K, and the initial reviews are as good as they are for the E37S, this may be the answer to my single-dosing needs.

ira

Postby ira » Jan 07, 2019, 4:13 pm

I can't figure out what it really is. I thought the round disk was an adjustment knob, but it doesn't move when the grinder shakes when the bellows is bopped. Looks more like it's just a tiny single dose hopper with a bellows to blow out the grounds. Very cool implementation of a hopper no matter what it turns out to be.

Ira

discsinthesky

Postby discsinthesky » replying to ira » Jan 07, 2019, 5:23 pm

Good catch! I, too, assumed it was the adjustment knob. Upon rewatching it almost looks like they are trying to keep that part of the grinder under wraps until official release. It looks a lot like the "worm gear" seen on the e37z hero and e37k.

EvergreenBuzzBuzz

Postby EvergreenBuzzBuzz » Jan 07, 2019, 7:15 pm

ira wrote:I can't figure out what it really is. I thought the round disk was an adjustment knob, but it doesn't move when the grinder shakes when the bellows is bopped. Looks more like it's just a tiny single dose hopper with a bellows to blow out the grounds. Very cool implementation of a hopper no matter what it turns out to be.

Ira

The white round disk does say "coarse" and "fine" on it. Is that the one you meant?

HoldTheOnions

Postby HoldTheOnions » Jan 07, 2019, 7:57 pm

ira wrote:I can't figure out what it really is. I thought the round disk was an adjustment knob, but it doesn't move when the grinder shakes when the bellows is bopped.

Yeah, that's freaky.

mimaros

Postby mimaros » replying to HoldTheOnions » Jan 07, 2019, 8:06 pm

Lol that's a photoshopped adjustment knob. The hopper/bellows feels pretty cheap to me.

Beewee

Postby Beewee » Jan 07, 2019, 11:05 pm

It looks like they created a bellow for the E37K: https://goo.gl/images/mpjPRB

HoldTheOnions

Postby HoldTheOnions » Jan 07, 2019, 11:06 pm

mimaros wrote:Lol that's a photoshopped adjustment knob.

I know, that's what's freaky. Why would they do that? WTH