Ceado's new single dosing grinder: E37SD - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
CarloM

#31: Post by CarloM »

dsblv wrote:Ceado also added a cover over the spout on this model. Probably to reduce static when single dosing. I single dosed my E37S and didn't have any problems with static. They must be taking extra precautions with this model.

The Instagram clip also reveals that the model will be called the E37SD. The changes from the base E37S look fairly modest. That bodes well for the cost of the grinder.
Keeping my fingers crossed! I was prepared to shell out for the E37S so if it's in the ballpark that would be great. I am nowhere in the neighborhood of the Hero. :mrgreen:

dsblv (original poster)

#32: Post by dsblv (original poster) »

I believe the E37Z Hero was intended to be a showcase product, like a high end sports car that an auto manufacturer may offer. In that case, the goal of the Hero is to establish Ceado as a market leader and innovator. If the Hero is for brand positioning, then they don't expect to sell many of those grinders.

The E37S chassis with it's low retention and large burrs is an excellent basis for a single dose grinder. The mods in the video clip are great refinements for that market segment. The E37SD will be the grinder they expect to sell in volume for single dosing.

redbone

#33: Post by redbone »

Now for the big question, Quanto?
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

NelisB

#34: Post by NelisB »

How is the burr alignment of these E37 series Ceado's? Has anybody checked?

BaristaBob

#35: Post by BaristaBob »

dsblv wrote:I believe the E37Z Hero was intended to be a showcase product, like a high end sports car that an auto manufacturer may offer. In that case, the goal of the Hero is to establish Ceado as a market leader and innovator. If the Hero is for brand positioning, then they don't expect to sell many of those grinders.

The E37S chassis with it's low retention and large burrs is an excellent basis for a single dose grinder. The mods in the video clip are great refinements for that market segment. The E37SD will be the grinder they expect to sell in volume for single dosing.
+1
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

devlin2427

#36: Post by devlin2427 »

What does a mini bellows do to combat beans randomly bouncing inside the grinding chamber when a column of beans is absent?

IMHO using buzz words like "single dosing" instead of actual innovation should be met with disapproval instead of lining up to buy a product that changes nothing.

discsinthesky

#37: Post by discsinthesky replying to devlin2427 »

Do any other single dosers have that "issue" solved? Best I can tell it's something that affects all the prominent ones in the marketplace - Monoliths, HG-1, NZ, etc.

Also, based on the positive responses from all those grinders I'm not sure it ultimately impacts the cup that much.

bach

#38: Post by bach »

devlin2427 wrote:What does a mini bellows do to combat beans randomly bouncing inside the grinding chamber when a column of beans is absent?

IMHO using buzz words like "single dosing" instead of actual innovation should be met with disapproval instead of lining up to buy a product that changes nothing.
As far as I know this is really only a problem with high RPM grinders intended for high bean load. Not sure what the Ceado does here, but there are various single dose grinders that don't prevent whole bean popping and seem to do just fine.

redbone

#39: Post by redbone »

The current E37S spns at 50hz 1480. My Fiorenzato rpm is 1400 and does not exhibit much popcorning.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

dsblv (original poster)

#40: Post by dsblv (original poster) »

When I upgraded my E37S with SSP burrs, I noticed that popcorning was almost eliminated. So, burr geometry plays a factor. We'll have to see if the E37SD has a lower motor speed or different burrs than the base S model.