Ceado's new single dosing grinder: E37SD - Page 19

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
dsblv (original poster)

#181: Post by dsblv (original poster) »

You never mentioned why you're single dosing. It's really only beneficial if you frequently change bean types. Otherwise, it's completely optional. If budget is an issue, why not just stay with the E37S and save the cost of upgrading to the SD?

hedengrenchristian

#182: Post by hedengrenchristian »

Appeal is limited due to NZ at half the price though?

Qrumcof

#183: Post by Qrumcof »

dsblv wrote:You never mentioned why you're single dosing. It's really only beneficial if you frequently change bean types. Otherwise, it's completely optional. If budget is an issue, why not just stay with the E37S and save the cost of upgrading to the SD?
After using the E37s for a couple weeks, it sunk in Im a single doser for the long haul..

It's only me, and sometimes GF.. 1-2 pulls a day, I'm an optimizer, so I like weighing my beans, I hate wasting beans, and I like to play with different coffees. I would consider using a hopper if I had a busy household or if I had a coffee shop.

mrfunkyjay

#184: Post by mrfunkyjay »

E37SD is an expensive remarkable grinder. Please do highlight that Burrs Seasoning / Breaking-In Burrs are extremely important before maximise full potential of this grinder. The grinder has big diameter of 83mm, surely it takes up to 6 kilos of breaking-in in my opinion.

It takes 2 kilograms for me initially, and it is not yet enough, but I thought it will be finally reach the break-in point while there are still many many things to learn and improve: distribution, WDT, tamping, and grind setting resolution prior to correctly brew the coffee at home. I enjoy the new ritual of single-dosing on a single dose grinder. You just need to spend more time, have patience and appreciate the build.

Cheers.

jimmen

#185: Post by jimmen »

Hey, Im new here in to forums and joined as I wanted to ask some Ceado e37SD owners a question:

How does it perform on the pour over spectrum of coarseness? I am looking for a grinder that is single dose and can quickly go from espresso to pourover. And the 37SD seems to be able to do that functionally. But I have not seen much about it regarding how it actually performs on coarser settings.

FjCruiser

#186: Post by FjCruiser »

Bei 20 Sekunden erklärt.

pcdawson

#187: Post by pcdawson »

My 37SD performs well over a wide range of settings. On the coarser scale, I use it for V60's and French press. However most of my usage is espresso.

mrfunkyjay

#188: Post by mrfunkyjay »

It delivers whole range of coffee ground settings from espresso to french press. The quality at coarser setting is not as good as espresso, the whole idea of this grinder is mainly to focus on single dosing espresso-roast-profile beans. Turkish is not really recommended due to the "stall" or "choking" condition happened randomly based on my experience, while coarser setting like french press produces less consistent ground particles compared to espresso, but it is still do-able.

Qrumcof

#189: Post by Qrumcof »

A couple people asked me to compare the E37S to the E37SD.
Turns out I did not upgrade to the E37SD
I got the kafatek monolith flat instead (bought a used one)..

I don't think any of these three grinders would be a mistake (E37S, SD, monolith flat).

The E37S worked in single dose mode.. The shots were at least as good as my Mazzer mini, but ceado workflow was much easier (Approximately zero retention, was very nice day in and day out). I cannot tell you if the monolith flat makes a better tasting shot yet (Learning curve), but the grinder is amazing (startlingly quiet, and fast too). I really like that the monolith flat is tiny, but has the performance you would expect from something much larger.

Monsterzero

#190: Post by Monsterzero »

May I ask, where did you find a used Monolith?