Ceado's new single dosing grinder: E37SD - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
lloydalvarez
Supporter

#11: Post by lloydalvarez »

JayBeck wrote:If they are smart, they will make this new burr carrier a purchase for existing E37S owners. It definitely looks to be a modified E37S. Swapping out to this new funnel system should be as easy 3 screws and 60 seconds. You'd lose that dedicated on/off button but there's a workaround for that: Just set one of the dose buttons to like 30 seconds. Tap it, drop beans and use blower and you now have an automated 'off' built in.

This would actually be pretty cool if it works out because then you could go from hopper to single dose very quickly with the same grinder.
I'm surprised this is not a more common mod on most grinders, seems like an easy way to address different markets/users without much effort

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by Shawnaks5 »

It looks like this grinder is already for sale on Whole Latte Love. Is this the same grinder? It's $6,500.00.
https://www.wholelattelove.com/ceado-e3 ... ee-grinder It's called the E37Z.

discsinthesky

#13: Post by discsinthesky replying to Shawnaks5 »

Based on the orientation of the grinder in the video, I think it's different. They also already have materials up about the E37Z hero, and it's obviously for sale. If you look at the post they also make it sound like it's something currently not available yet, but will be premiering later this month.

Shawnaks5
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by Shawnaks5 replying to discsinthesky »

Yeah I see what you are saying. I'm definitely looking forward to whatever the news is!

blumes

#15: Post by blumes »

Shawnaks5 wrote:It looks like this grinder is already for sale on Whole Latte Love. Is this the same grinder? It's $6,500.00.
https://www.wholelattelove.com/ceado-e3 ... ee-grinder It's called the E37Z.
It's another grinder.

JayBeck

#16: Post by JayBeck »

blumes wrote:It's another grinder.

<image>
Yep. And if you look at that picture, there is no reason it couldn't be installed on an E37S. 3 screws, pull original off, put single dose on, and go from there. If they don't sell this as a single dosing grinder and an option for the redesigned upper burr carrier to be purchased by existing E37S owners, I'll be shocked.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by baristainzmking replying to JayBeck »

I do hope you are right. It would be a great optional purchase for the E37S owners and many would purchase.
Julia

CarloM

#18: Post by CarloM »

Four days away...hoping it's in the sub $2K range, and not priced like the Hero...

erik82

#19: Post by erik82 »

CarloM wrote:If this comes in at under 2K, and the initial reviews are as good as they are for the E37S, this may be the answer to my single-dosing needs.
I don't think it's going to be under 3K (probably 4K). A lot of R&D cost for a large manufacturer will give it a very high price.

The Hero can be bought here for 5000 euros. You just have to wait 5 months which is still a lot less than a Monolith.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#20: Post by baristainzmking »

Wow, $5,000!!! That's just a little cheaper than the Hero. They must think there is a good market for both...
Julia