Ceado's new single dosing grinder: E37SD - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
CarloM

#21: Post by CarloM »

If that's the case, it's back to the 37S versus Niche Zero for me. :shock:

I get that R&D costs can be high (although if they've been in the business as long as they have been, it's not like they're in uncharted territory). And why try to recoup your R&D all at once with a high sticker price, versus lowering it and making more sales? I guess someone over there has crunched the numbers and found that to be a workable strategy.

dsblv (original poster)

#22: Post by dsblv (original poster) »

No reason to speculate on the price of the new grinder. It's going to be announced soon.

redbone

#23: Post by redbone replying to dsblv »

+1

Anyone who has worked in a production, assembly or distribution centre can attest the best way to recoup R & D and tooling costs is to sell in volume. Prices in components lower as volumes purchases increase from suppliers. VW, Audi, Porsche are referred to the Volkswagen Group volume seller and not the Porsche or Audi group.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

SonVolt

#24: Post by SonVolt »

Does "volume" truly exist in the niche world of home Espresso?

redbone

#25: Post by redbone replying to SonVolt »

Even in my small volume experiment La Pavoni early heating elements - a lesson on volume prices varied between 10,100,1000+ and between there.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

SonVolt

#26: Post by SonVolt »

Why is he spraying the beans with water?!?! I have never heard of this before.

discsinthesky

#27: Post by discsinthesky replying to SonVolt »

Fairly common around these parts: Ross Droplet Technique-Eliminating Grinder Static

SonVolt

#28: Post by SonVolt replying to discsinthesky »

Very interesting. I guess I haven't felt the need to eliminate static yet, the flap on my Ceado E37S seems to be doing its job.

redbone

#29: Post by redbone »

The new single dosing grinder appears to have the same body as the E37's without the electronic timing dosing and the added small hand billow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bssoof7n7Hf/
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

dsblv (original poster)

#30: Post by dsblv (original poster) replying to redbone »

Ceado also added a cover over the spout on this model. Probably to reduce static when single dosing. I single dosed my E37S and didn't have any problems with static. They must be taking extra precautions with this model.

The Instagram clip also reveals that the model will be called the E37SD. The changes from the base E37S look fairly modest. That bodes well for the cost of the grinder.