Ceado E37S Quick Set Grinder static flap position

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Marty

#1: Post by Marty »

I bought the Ceado E37S Quick Set Espresso Grinder in mid 2021 and its performed flawless for me since day one. Nice fluffy no clump/no static grinds and this is with oily beans from a local roaster. No complaints! Well, until now but it's my fault so am looking for another user of this model to take a picture for me.

I was cleaning it the other day and a shoved a cleaning brush up the chute and bent the static flap and now don't know what its bend angle was from the factory so I'm getting a little static cling due to this. If someone could try taking a pic looking up the chute it might give me an idea of just how much the static flap is bent by seeing how big the opening is under it. I know it's a loooong shot.

I believe the model before mine has the adjustable flap but mine is a one piece stamped spring steel flap that is screwed in place and not user adjustable. It looks like the attached pic. If anyone happens to be in the cleaning process and could actually measure the distance between the underside of the flap and the chute opening, that would be great but I'll take what I can get. I can tweak it and get it back but it's sort of a PITA to disassemble it, tweak it, reassemble it and burn a portafilter's worth of beans and then repeat the process over and over. However I am certainly prepared to do so. WLL is advertising this flap for $42! Believe me when I say it's a stamped piece of metal that probably cost a penny. See attached pix of my grinder and the flap from the WLL site.

Marty (original poster)

#2: Post by Marty (original poster) »

Well, let's put this issue to bed. For those who might come across this post in the future. WLL sent me a replacement static/clump buster flap. The bend angle was pretty shallow, like maybe 15 degrees or so. It's a very thin and flexible flap that mounts right at the exit point at the top of the chute. When installed it may appear that grounds can't get past it but the force of the grounds exiting the burrs actually forces the flap open further, thereby ensuring a lack of clumps and a static free grind.
Upon installing the new flap, my grinder was back to normal - whew!