Ceado E37S Quick Set Gear Upgrade - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
linuxAndJavaScript

#31: Post by linuxAndJavaScript »

I just got mine installed. I feel like the knob rotation is really slow. If I am grinding coffee to adjust it.... it will waste a lot of coffee to adjust 1/4 of a distance. Is there anything I can do to change that?

Also, is there a way to set reset the number dial like on the tab version? For instance, once I get mine dialed in again...I want the dial to be at the 2 mark.

tetontrees

#32: Post by tetontrees »

mallen4248 wrote:It should just be a matter of pulling the current rubber sleeve in the E37S QSG and replacing with the rubber funnel/bellows of the E37SD. If they would only have made the E37S QSG worm gear upgrade the same as that on the E37SD, it would have made the E37S perfect. The worm gear on the E37SD allows the worm gear to swing away so that quickly changing from a coarse to fine grind is possible.
exactly my thoughts. I was all set to pony up the $1700 for the 37S until I saw that it didn't have the lock latch like the 37SD. Probably should just move to dedicated but 2 grinders would very be tight in my tiny kitchen

mallen4248 (original poster)

#33: Post by mallen4248 (original poster) »

linuxAndJavaScript wrote:Also, is there a way to set reset the number dial like on the tab version? For instance, once I get mine dialed in again...I want the dial to be at the 2 mark.

Yes the number ring can be moved to what ever number you want it set. There is a half moon cut at the back side of the silver number ring. A finger nail will catch it and you can rotate it to your desired position.
In vino veritas.... and caffeine helps the next morning....

linuxAndJavaScript

#34: Post by linuxAndJavaScript »

I am about to dial it in. If it takes awhile with alot of rotation, is it ok to run the motor for a minute at a time in back to back successions? Or will it burn up the motor? I am so angry that there is not a quick set feature.

ceadoupgradeprices

#35: Post by ceadoupgradeprices »

Anyone willing to measure the upgrade kit parts?

I'm interested to upgrade but the pricing is a joke.

I'm going to ask a local machine shop to quote and even ask for the quick release for easy large adjustment can post the results here if anyone's interested.

cyclist

#36: Post by cyclist replying to ceadoupgradeprices »

Definitely interested, and would also like to buy one, especially with the release mech, if the price is justified.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by baristainzmking »

While waiting to see when WLL will offer the bellows separately, I was inspired to try the OXO Silicone Pastry Decorating Bottle and it fits really well on the Ceado E37S (the one updates with the worm gear).

Julia

threesips

#38: Post by threesips »

Are the teeth of the quick set gears plastic or metal? It's difficult to tell from photos.

JohnStuartP

#39: Post by JohnStuartP replying to threesips »

The gear is brass I believe, and the black teeth appear to be a hard plastic. A nylon material?

threesips

#40: Post by threesips »

Thanks so much, John. That photo is super helpful.