Ceado E37s is a nightmare - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JP2019
Supporter

#41: Post by JP2019 »

Go with the Mahlkonig E65s. I had the ceado and hated it because of all the issues with extraction. Once I switched grinders, I have not had anymore issues. Having experienced both, I don't miss the Ceado 37s at all.

ecami107

#42: Post by ecami107 »

I got the Ceado E37S 2 weeks ago. in mine the metallic ring with the grind settings also is not movable. Totally lame!

I am experiencing the baked coffee on the burrs too and it just spinning the beans around without grinding. And when it does grind the espresso shot pulls horribly, the coffee comes out in clumps. My Baratza vario which is 8 years old grinds the coffee better. The only positive thing i have noticed is that the ground coffee does look fluffy. I had higher expectations for this grinder and have felt disappointed. Not tonally decided yet but am leaning on returning it because only have 30 days total and then i would be stuck with it.

It makes sense to change the grind setting while the burrs are running, but if you look at with WLL video on dialing in grind size, he is using the ceado e37S and keeps changing the quickset gear when it the motor is not running and this video is meant to teach poeple how to do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ieqd9OmuOw

Advertisement
PIXIllate
Supporter ♡

#43: Post by PIXIllate »

On ANY grinder if there are beans in it you need to have the grinder running when adjusting finer. You CAN go coarser while not running but it's bad practice and you're not training yourself to always run a grinder while adjusting. There's no reason not to get into the habit of doing this all of the time.

There sure seems to be a lot of unhappy Ceado owners. All I can say is when I switched from a Vario to a Monolith it cured any and all desire to think about another grinder.

karamba

#44: Post by karamba »

gorbay wrote: Btw, since moving from a Sette 270, I haven't had any channeling with the E37S. I tap the PF a few times and let the bottom layer settle, distribute the top with a tool and tamp.
You had channeling not because of the bad grinder (Sette) but because of the wrong technique. I learned to never tap on the portafilter as it pushes the coffee away from the portafilter walls and makes it inconsistent in the center.

karamba

#45: Post by karamba »

Ingo wrote:Maybe it is different in the US and the EU? As I said, mine was a new machine, 2 weeks old, and the ring was not magnetic / not intended to be removed as far as I can tell. Another subtle difference is the "pointer" to the ring. Yours is made of metal (silver), where as mine was made of plastic (black).

I returned my machine yesterday because these minor shortcomings and the "mohawk" channeling shots just annoyed me too much.
It it is not the US vs EU. They just cut corners err... changed the design. From Chris' Coffee product page: https://www.chriscoffee.com/products/ce ... so-grinder
The top printed disk for the upper burr carrier is not magnetic, it is now a sticker
Also the plastic grind setting pointer is lame.
I almost bought the grinder but this "innovation" changed my decision at least for now.

kpmd2000

#46: Post by kpmd2000 »

dionaeafan wrote:I am now experiencing the same issue.

My grinder rarely stalled until I added in SSP burrs and went through a full alignment process with aluminum. Now the burrs stall anytime I'm running lighter roasted beans and I try to make adjustments with a full hopper. Really hard to dial in with your this continuing to jam on me :(

Is it jamming now because my burrs are more aligned?

Did anyone solve this issue or figure out the root cause?

I had the same problem with mine when I moved to red SSP. Back to stock burrs now. Curious why this happened as well