Ceado E37s is a nightmare - Page 4

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
gorbay

#31: Post by gorbay »

Newbarista wrote:How do you lift it off, with some tools?
yup. pry it up from that oval cut next to the ceado logo

Newbarista

#32: Post by Newbarista »

My model doesn't have a oval cut next to the ceado logo. :(

Ingo

#33: Post by Ingo »

I bought my Ceado e37s 2 weeks ago. I too was wondering why I was not able to adjust the ring with the numbers. Turns out mine is not magnetic. It occurs to me that the ring has some glue at the bottom side. Mine just "popped up" so that I was able to notice it. I assume because of the temperature. Kind of a bummer.

Newbarista

#34: Post by Newbarista »

yes, I can't understand why Ceado not keeping the way to zero the mark. Its a very good design. So there's no way to zero it while the burrs touch each other.

jdrobison

#35: Post by jdrobison »

I mean...... That's just lame

foam2

#36: Post by foam2 »

On the current model the ring is magnetic and removable.

Ingo

#37: Post by Ingo »

foam2 wrote:On the current model the ring is magnetic and removable. image
Maybe it is different in the US and the EU? As I said, mine was a new machine, 2 weeks old, and the ring was not magnetic / not intended to be removed as far as I can tell. Another subtle difference is the "pointer" to the ring. Yours is made of metal (silver), where as mine was made of plastic (black).

I returned my machine yesterday because these minor shortcomings and the "mohawk" channeling shots just annoyed me too much.

gorbay

#38: Post by gorbay »

That would be my guess too, probably due to safety regulations. The quick set gear in the US models isn't guarded like that either.

Btw, since moving from a Sette 270, I haven't had any channeling with the E37S. I tap the PF a few times and let the bottom layer settle, distribute the top with a tool and tamp.

Dartiguan

#39: Post by Dartiguan »

Thank you to Philthy (page 1) for useful information. I am about to purchase a Ceado E37S and nearly had buyer remorse before I had even purchased it.

dionaeafan

#40: Post by dionaeafan »

I am now experiencing the same issue.

My grinder rarely stalled until I added in SSP burrs and went through a full alignment process with aluminum. Now the burrs stall anytime I'm running lighter roasted beans and I try to make adjustments with a full hopper. Really hard to dial in with your this continuing to jam on me :(

Is it jamming now because my burrs are more aligned?

Did anyone solve this issue or figure out the root cause?