Bunnzilla for Dummies - Bunn LPG upgrade to Ditting 804 burrs - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by JohnB. »

The LPG is too small to be a Bunnzilla. :lol: You'll have to dream up your own name for that one.
LMWDP 267

drgary
Team HB

#12: Post by drgary »

Suggestions anyone? BunnDitt?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by JohnB. »

LMWDP 267

beer&mathematics

#14: Post by beer&mathematics »

drgary wrote:Suggestions anyone? BunnDitt?
BunnDitto!
LMWDP #431

doubleOsoul

#15: Post by doubleOsoul »

Is this upgrade only for the Bunn LPG series?
Oops... I see it also includes G series which is what I have.

drgary
Team HB

#16: Post by drgary »

JohnB. wrote:The LPG is too small to be a Bunnzilla. :lol: You'll have to dream up your own name for that one.
I looked up "Bunnzilla" in the official H-B dictionary and it defines Bunnzilla as "any Bunn grinder that has been hot rodded." And if you think it's small, my wife looked at it yesterday and called it a "monstrosity" on our counter until I showed how it just fits under the cabinets. Actually let's keep the name as is so people can look up the Frankenmachine version of a Bunn grinder, okay? Bunnyzilla would have been a bit silly anyway ...

Back on topic. :roll:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

TomC
Team HB

#17: Post by TomC replying to drgary »

I would have practically given you my LPG. I've been listing it on CL on and off for months. Heck, I'd let it walk for only $100. I only paid barely that and spent a ton of spare time polishing out the plexi that had been repeatedly scoured with a scrubby, hazing the plexi. It's sat unused since I cleaned it up, nearly 2 years ago. The plexi is now perfect too. It just needs new burrs unless you only grind auto-drip. It's dead on consistent at only one very fine setting.

Anyways, these really never grow out of the bulk coffee grinding camp, due to the terrible pop-corning issues. I've considered various tubes or rigged up methods to keep the beans somewhat over the burr path, but there'd still need to be a way to sweep beans all the way down to the burrs that refuse to fall in.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by JohnB. »

drgary wrote:I looked up "Bunnzilla" in the official H-B dictionary and it defines Bunnzilla as "any Bunn grinder that has been hot rodded."
That H-B dictionary seems to be about as accurate as Wikipedia. :roll: Bunnzilla is what I named my modified G3 lets not bastardize the name.
LMWDP 267

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#19: Post by JohnB. »

doubleOsoul wrote:Is this upgrade only for the Bunn LPG series?
Oops... I see it also includes G series which is what I have.

The original mod I came up with was for the G series Bunn grinder & included making the adjustment stepless along with the Ditting machined burr swap. With the new G2 Trifecta detent plate w/27 factory settings that's now available for a couple dollars the stepless conversion is no longer necessary. The G series Bunn is the ideal candidate as it's auger feed eliminates popcorning which is an issue with the LPG when single dosing. Also the G series allows easy grind adjustment compared to the LPG which uses a screw adjustment under? the grinder.
LMWDP 267

osanco

#20: Post by osanco »

JohnB. wrote:The original mod I came up with was for the G series Bunn grinder & included making the adjustment stepless along with the Ditting machined burr swap. With the new G2 Trifecta detent plate w/27 factory settings that's now available for a couple dollars the stepless conversion is no longer necessary. The G series Bunn is the ideal candidate as it's auger feed eliminates popcorning which is an issue with the LPG when single dosing. Also the G series allows easy grind adjustment compared to the LPG which uses a screw adjustment under? the grinder.
For this high degree of cleverness and ingenuity, including the unforgettable name, we heartily salute you. :D

I couldn't be happier with mine. Thank you for your guidance.