BPLUS Apollo manual hand grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
wilsonkichoi

#1: Post by wilsonkichoi »

I'm thinking to get the Kinu M47 while on vacation. I also come across BPLUS Apollo, which I don't see much review/discussion about it.

Anyone here have experience on BPLUS Apollo?

GregoryJ

#2: Post by GregoryJ »

You can see from the knob that they are associated with La Pavoni. It has a much different aesthetic to it. If you really like the way it looks, it might be worth trying it out, but otherwise the Kinu M47 already has rave reviews, and you're guaranteed to get a great a product. I'm somewhat risk averse so I'd go with the Kinu.

Advertisement
yakster
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by yakster »

The La Pavoni Lever Brass Group Piston Part No. 314044 is interesting.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Spad_VII

#4: Post by Spad_VII »

To my inexperienced eyes looks like similar products in terms of kinematic setup and build quality.
The Bplus is cheaper too. A shootout would be appreciated!
LMWDP #620

CrabApplesSix
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by CrabApplesSix »

There's an active La Pavoni Lever Machine group on Facebook. You might check there for more input. I believe the designer (Arthur Yang) of the mill is active in the group as well. It is a very helpful group.

alamak

#6: Post by alamak »

wilsonkichoi wrote:I'm thinking to get the Kinu M47 while on vacation. I also come across BPLUS Apollo, which I don't see much review/discussion about it.

Anyone here have experience on BPLUS Apollo?
I recently bought and tested Apollo grinder. So impressed
Just tested the grinder Apollo Bplus: I had read it was a good product, however after having seen and used it, I have to admit that is a true mechanical masterpiece. The precision of the details and the maniacal execution reminds me some swiss watches. Very easy to set up (zeroing), a solid frame, a cult grinder, a perfect companion for my EuroPiccola. I am sure from now on I will be always grinding in "manual mode", no more AC voltage, much more fun!

Spad_VII

#7: Post by Spad_VII »

Thanks Andrea, I'm seriously considering it too.
How much did it take from order to shipment?
LMWDP #620

Advertisement
alamak

#8: Post by alamak »

From Taiwan to Italy.
From order to shipment: two working days.
From order to delivery (including custom management): five working days

18g

#9: Post by 18g »

I was going to buy the Kinu m47 but now I am hesitating.
I don't have facebook but curious how the people in that Pavoni group like the Apollo and if they compared it to the Kinu m47?

alamak

#10: Post by alamak »

I do not know the Kinu. I was extremely positively impressed when I recently bought and tested the Apollo