Better knob for LIDO 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by FotonDrv »

I have had this Lido 2 for a long time and like it very much for the purpose I purchased it. I initially had a problem with being able to grasp the knob that was OEM so I changed it to a fishing reel knob that I found online. It worked fairly well but I hated the darn gold look of it (they sent the wrong reel knob, should have been black). I tried to locate a Pharos knob without success although I did not put much time into the search.

When the Mahlgut grinder came out I noticed it had a similar knob as the Pharos (maybe the same knob) and so when I inquired of them if I could buy a knob from them they said I could, or I could buy it directly from the manufacturer and they provided the link.

Here is the result which works perfectly and is much stronger than the fishing reel knob. It has a 10mm shaft threading.

https://www.ganter-griff.de/en/products ... es-Plastic

That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

Boldjava

#2: Post by Boldjava »

Danhke, I have large hands as well and this will help me.

Requested a quote from them.

DB
-----
LMWDP #339

FotonDrv (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

Boldjava

#4: Post by Boldjava replying to FotonDrv »

Did you go 1.85" or the larger 2.5"?
-----
LMWDP #339

Supporter ♡

#5: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

1.85 from top of rubber to bottom of rubber.

All I did to mount it was drill and tap the crank for the 10mm threads.

weebit_nutty

#6: Post by weebit_nutty »

nice looking knob.

Orphan Espresso's upgraded knob is a huge improvement over the original one. But I would have prefered the round shape, too.
You're not always right, but when you're right, you're right, right?

jpender

#7: Post by jpender »

Nice knob. The stock LIDO knobs leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.

But with tax and "processing fee" it's about $24. Wouldn't you just be able to buy a knob at the hardware store for a couple of bucks?

jackson6

#8: Post by jackson6 »

The first thing I did when I got my Lido2 was to replace the original flat handle with a golf ball. I drilled the ball with a bit, added a little oil for lube and placed it on the post. It makes it much easier grind hard beans because I have the earlier itallian burrs. Oh yeah, the mod was basically free because I have about billion golf balls. If you want to get specific, it is Hogan Tour 4 piece ball (those were great balls).

Supporter ♡

#9: Post by FotonDrv (original poster) »

jpender wrote:Nice knob. The stock LIDO knobs leave a lot to be desired in my opinion.

But with tax and "processing fee" it's about $24. Wouldn't you just be able to buy a knob at the hardware store for a couple of bucks?
Not like that one. "Soft" knob with bearings, a hex key shaft to hold the shaft and screw it into the crank and the ability to hold it while locking down the lock-nut. All in all s good deal.