Belllows Pump For Ceado E37J Grinder

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Capuchin Monk

#1: Post by Capuchin Monk »

Here is my experiment with bellows on my Ceado E37J grinder. I tried the insect powder duster bellows that many have bought. It kind of worked but due to the lack of air seal around the bottom that rests on the bean hopper insert boot ("SUPPORTO CAMPANA GRADUATO" in Italian), it doesn't pump much air through the grounds dispenser. :(

After searching around, I bought a 2" x 1-1/2" DWV Flexible PVC Coupling by Ferco from hardware store for under $6. It is made of soft rubber and 1-1/2" portion happens to fit Ceado E37J bean hopper insert boot perfectly. Now it provides such a good air seal that it feels like using a bicycle tire pump. :)

It's a bit tall for my kitchen cabinet so I cut it little bit and now it's a perfect fit.

When I first saw this bellows, I wondered why it looked familiar. Now I know.

Dartiguan

#2: Post by Dartiguan »

Hi Capuchin. Would you know what the diameter of the E37J is at the entry point. Is it 58mm (sorry but that's what I use) as I saw a you tube video hint from Whole Latte Love that said you could put a 58mm tamper in the entry schute of an E37S to stop popcorning if you wanted to single dose with that grinder. It was the older version of the E37 which had the same quick set adjustment the J now has. I am thinking of purchasing the E37J as an upgrade.

Advertisement
Capuchin Monk (original poster)

#3: Post by Capuchin Monk (original poster) »

It's 58mm.