Baratza Vario Grinder - First Look - Page 17

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
mivanitsky
Supporter ★

#161: Post by mivanitsky »

IMAWriter wrote:Me too :lol:
Just not lately. My clients (artists) are cancelling their recording sessions in droves, due to the economy.
BTW,Mike, I didn't mean to sound arrogant.....or whiny.
Rob, I thought you were neither arrogant nor whiny, and the only reason I answered that part of the comment is that I did not want to offend you or others on this forum, who know you well and me not much yet. No apology or explanation necessary!

I am sorry that the economy is affecting your business, though. It hits me too, as the elective side of my practice has all but dried up in the first two months of the year.

-Mike

houdina

#162: Post by houdina »

HB wrote:Thanks Jim, I understood the underlying reason behind the comment, but given the context, it still left me scratching my head. Sort of like me buying a quality car and reporting "I turned the key and the engine started." :?
Dan
That was my original comment and the context was that previews of the grinder had some problems with it grinding fine enough.
Gregg

tribe3

#163: Post by tribe3 »

kschendel wrote:We can certainly agree on that. I'm looking forward to some good end user stories.
I know Karl and I agree with you about plastics. My road bike is better in composite than in metal and so are my camera tripods; but some stuff have their line drawn between consumer and commercial according to the material they are made. This new grinder claims to be "commercial". If it's 75% of what it says it is I'll buy one.

Lockman

#164: Post by Lockman »

Er, have we got some reports yet??? This silence is killing me. :?:
LMWDP #226.

"It takes many victims to make a culinary masterpiece"

tinseljim

#165: Post by tinseljim »

I would be especially interested in feedback regarding French Press/Drip/Vac. Can it beat a Ditting? (Same company now?)

HB
Admin

#166: Post by HB »

Sorry, Nicholas' unit doesn't arrive until Thursday. I'm helping Jim with testing the Dalla Corte Mini and can't test two unknowns at the same time, so I'm using the Compak K10 WBC. Friday we're planning a Mazzer Mini vs. Baratza Vario shootout at Counter Culture Coffee.
Dan Kehn

ddr

#167: Post by ddr »

I should have mine from PT's Coffee on Wednesday.
Dan
LMWDP #242

JonR10

#168: Post by JonR10 »

HB wrote:Friday we're planning a Mazzer Mini vs. Baratza Vario shootout at Counter Culture Coffee.
Awesome! That sounds like a very cool experiment 8)
Jon Rosenthal
Houston, Texas

TUS172

#169: Post by TUS172 »

Partial:
HB wrote: Friday we're planning a Mazzer Mini vs. Baratza Vario shootout at Counter Culture Coffee.
Well it sounds as if Saturday will be very informative indeed!
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

HB
Admin

#170: Post by HB »

Don't bet on it. The informal Friday get-togethers are done before work and under considerable time constraints. They can be fruitful, but sometimes they're a complete blow-out. I don't rush to form an opinion and consider these forays just a small part of the larger puzzle.
Dan Kehn