Baratza Sette Single Dose Hopper?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Senftjc77

#1: Post by Senftjc77 »

Hey all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to order a custom single dose hopper for the Sette 270? I don't want to mess around creating something myself. I'd love to order something online and call it a day. I am going to lose counter space with my new espresso machine so I need to be able to get it under the cabinetry on my counter. Plus I single dose anyway so it makes sense for me. Thanks!
Profitec Pro 700 / I'm learning

Minus09

#2: Post by Minus09 »

Advertisement
Vindibona1

#3: Post by Vindibona1 »

You don't need to reinvent the wheel to get a single dose for a Sette. All you need is a jewelry scale. It takes about 6 seconds to put the correct amount of beans in a small container on the scale and another 4 to dump it into the grinder. Then just grind the whole thing. Takes about 6 seconds to grind. You get a PERFECT dose every time as the Sette is famous for leaving little or no residue. But then again, because the Sette is so good at feeding beans, if you're not as fussy for accuracy as I am, you could also figure out how much time it takes to grind the quantity of beans you need for that dose.

Senftjc77 (original poster)

#4: Post by Senftjc77 (original poster) »

Yeah my only motivation is to reduce its height so I can fit it under my cabinets.
Profitec Pro 700 / I'm learning

chicagocat

#5: Post by chicagocat »

You can cut down the hopper by an inch or two if you have a decent table saw. The cap on the hopper won't fit any more, but no one ever uses the cap that I know of.

Just use a fine tooth saw blade set low and then use the saw fence to press the top of the hopper against while you rotate it and saw it. You should get a perfectly even cut. Then use a Dremel to lightly sand the cut edge to finish it nicely. It's nearly indistinguishable from the stock hopper and its fits under your counter. Here's a pic.

heavymetalbebop

#6: Post by heavymetalbebop »

Don't know if you're still searching for one, but I found this on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/805530494/ ... ve_5&crt=1

Personally, I am looking for something that still covers the top opening, so it's similar aesthetically to the stock hopper, just smaller for single dosing.