Baratza Sette - End User Reports - Page 5

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
DucaiMann
Supporter ♡

#41: Post by DucaiMann »

Have loved using my Sette but something odd happened to me this morning. I was grinding at a 15 (fairly coarse), and about halfway through the grind, it just stopped. The timer kept going, but it almost seemed like it jammed up. I took the burr off and the beans out and reassembled everything. No dice

Unplugged the machine, took the hopper off and put it back on. Still nothing. The timer would go, but the burrs would not move.

Tried it a 3rd time and it started working again. Not sure what happened, but it was a bit annoying.

whosinaname

#42: Post by whosinaname »

I received my 270w a couple of days ago and I like it so far.
I am not using it for espresso, my main use is for daily drip in my technivorm. I wanted something that had a large catch bin and could weigh 70g in one go. (my esatto catchbin on precisco was way to small for the task)

Working wonderful so far, some issues with static, but I don't hold that against baratza, I blame weather and humidity for that.
My main concern is that It may not go as course as I want it to so I may have to hand grind with my lido for frenchpress.

I really love the design. and this puppy is fast.... like wow fast. some of the little touches I like is that the power cord is standard, and removeable. Great for taking it off the counter to clean etc.

Because the sette was delayed, I purchased a rocket fausto, and after using both I plan on keeping both :)
My sette did come with the improved forks and portafilter holder, but I could not find the shim they said would ship with it. I am guessing Baratza would ship me one if needed.

I have to say that the flow-thru design is awesome. I love how easy it is to clean out and remove the burrs etc. Once again great job Baratza on design.

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#43: Post by Peppersass »

DucaiMann wrote:Have loved using my Sette but something odd happened to me this morning. I was grinding at a 15 (fairly coarse), and about halfway through the grind, it just stopped. The timer kept going, but it almost seemed like it jammed up. I took the burr off and the beans out and reassembled everything. No dice

Unplugged the machine, took the hopper off and put it back on. Still nothing. The timer would go, but the burrs would not move.

Tried it a 3rd time and it started working again. Not sure what happened, but it was a bit annoying.
Sounds like the thermal overload tripped (if there is one.)

MikFlores300

#44: Post by MikFlores300 »

I believe I am on 7G right now. 18:36 in 27 seconds on a med/light roast blend from Blue Copper. I did notice that tamp pressure seems to affect flow more than usual.

NBA

#45: Post by NBA »

Request: Please, post what espresso grind settings end up working for you.

I'll be getting my 270 today and it would be nice to have a starting point.

jja619

#46: Post by jja619 replying to NBA »

7C.25 is where I was at this morning. I used 7C yesterday which was too fine, and 7D on my first attempt this morning was a squirter.

andrewb

#47: Post by andrewb »

Interesting, I am all the way in the 3G range w an 18g dose. Haven't even tried anything that coarse.

adamg

#48: Post by adamg »

I've only tried 5E so far for 18g. Probably need to go down to 4 and see what it does.

Spitz.me

#49: Post by Spitz.me »

I'm at 2F and 2A was a gusher.
LMWDP #670

Nick Name

#50: Post by Nick Name »

Spitz.me wrote:Early feedback report.

Excellent food for thought. Thank you.