Baratza Sette 270wi display firmware update

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ping279

#1: Post by ping279 »

I haven't been able to find any info on what the display firmware update actually does for an existing 270wi. Is there really any change or is it mainly there for people converting from a standard W version to Wi? Also, I assume the loadcell firmware update isn't necessary for an existing wi?

I made the update regardless to my wi, haven't noticed any changes yet.

slybarman

#2: Post by slybarman »

Update? What update?

This?

https://www.baratza.com/shop/sette-wi-display-upgrade

This says it is for converting the 270W to the 270wi. The wi already has these features.

ping279 (original poster)

#3: Post by ping279 (original poster) »

This is what it says in the manual :

I downloaded the iOS app and followed the instructions. In the app, it says to only install the "display firmware update" if using the wi version. Here is a screenshot from the app :

There are 2 updates available in the app. The display firmware update and the loadcell firmware update.

slybarman

#4: Post by slybarman replying to ping279 »

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I don't have any iOS devices. I will have to get someone to do it for me when they come over.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Nunas »

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I don't have any iOS devices. I will have to get someone to do it for me when they come over.
Sigh, me too. And none of my friends use Apple devices. Is there an easy way, without an Apple device, to see if the current firmware is the latest firmware?

#6: Post by ping279 (original poster) replying to Nunas »

Honestly not sure, I assume not though. Maybe someone with an apple product will see this post and be able to give more insight. I just noticed the bluetooth capability and updated today so thought I would try it. I was looking for a breakdown of what was addressed in the update but couldn't find anything. The only changes they mentioned were : "Firmware changes are to address minor operating - for example, we've eliminated a max run time of ~11 seconds from the firmware. Plus, we've changed the preset values for buttons 1, 2 and 3 to the commonly used grind weights of 18g, 25g, 35g, respectively."

I haven't noticed a difference so far in the screen or layout as the 18, 25, 35g presets are what were originally installed out of the box for me.

slybarman

#7: Post by slybarman »

My neighbor just updated mine for me. Was cool just to know it can be done. As mentioned below, there were no release notes in the app, so I have no idea what changed.

boren

#8: Post by boren »

Has anyone noticed any difference? My 270Wi works perfectly, so I think I'll skip this update if there's no noticeable benefit.

#9: Post by ping279 (original poster) replying to boren »

I still haven't noticed a difference, not sure if there really was one.