Baratza Sette 270Wi - burr upgrade?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
romaen

#1: Post by romaen »

Hello!
I have a Sette 270Wi and I am really pleased with it! But still - if there is a way to improve it... :)
So my question is: Is there a better burr, with which I can replace the original one?

slipchuck

#2: Post by slipchuck »

I believe they are not standard size.. 38mm I believe...I don't think anyone makes that size

Randy
“There is nobody you can’t learn to like once you’ve heard their story.”

aecletec

#3: Post by aecletec »

The Sette burr looks like a similar burr design to the Helor and different to the older more common type... it may be that this is better than most.

boren

#4: Post by boren »

If you're using it for espresso there's nothing to upgrade. The quality of the grind is top notch. If you want to use it with methods that require coarser grinds, you may be interested in the BG burr upgrade. Opinions however are mixed on this one.

romaen (original poster)

#5: Post by romaen (original poster) »

Thanks for all your replys! (I am using it for espresso)

Maybe I can find some source regarding the Helor burrs.

boren

#6: Post by boren »

What is it exactly that you are trying to solve? I find the grinder to produce phenomenal grind, very even and clump-free, and better than grinders that cost 2-3 times more.

romaen (original poster)

#7: Post by romaen (original poster) »

As I said, I am happy with the grinder - but if there was a way to make the grinder even better, I would have done it :)

boren

#8: Post by boren »

The Sette Drop-Down Portaholder Fork looks like a pretty cool upgrade, especially if you drink doubles and want to make things less messy.

romaen (original poster)

#9: Post by romaen (original poster) »

Looks interesting, thanks for sharing!

daveR1
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by daveR1 »

Why don't you contact Etzinger since they make the burrs for the Sette & are producing their own version of that style grinder. Maybe they will offer upgraded set of burrs.

http://etzinger-ag.com/en/contact-us