Baratza Sette 270 wi vs. Ceado E6P v2 grinder comparison

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
cpro48609

#1: Post by cpro48609 »

Here is a video on why I chose the Ceado over the Sette for my setup. ** the video comparison of the Pro 600 VS Brewtus IV is in the Espresso Machine section. **

redbone

#2: Post by redbone »

Have you tried the RDT method? Ross Droplet Technique-Eliminating Grinder Static. Fine mini spray bottle, light moist paper towel squeeze etc.....
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

cpro48609 (original poster)

#3: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) replying to redbone »

I've seen similar things as far as water droplets etc. I thought that was more or less for single dosing which I don't really do.
The Ceado seems to be fine however. Others have mentioned that their 270 isn't nearly as bad so I'm not sure what was up with mine.

Radio.YYZ

#4: Post by Radio.YYZ »

If you read the huge sette thread you will see almost everyone has had static issues when they bought the machine, especially with darker roasts. If you grind enough, overtime the static is gone.
The humidity in the house will be an issue especially if you are walking on carpet and touching the grinder or porta, but essentially it needs a few pounds of coffee to grind before the static reduces and eventually diminishes.

I used to do rdt and i have stopped doing that and i get zero static.
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

cpro48609 (original poster)

#5: Post by cpro48609 (original poster) replying to Radio.YYZ »

Good to know! I posted a video about the static issue a week or so ago and your the first person to mention that it's normal lol.
The Ceado seems to be doing fine in the same setting and with much less mess so I'm keeping that unit instead. Thanks for the info though, it's appreciated!

Radio.YYZ

#6: Post by Radio.YYZ replying to cpro48609 »

It is no surprise the sette has static, its all plastic! I think overtime the static from manufacturing or handling process dissipates.

If you had asked me ceado vs sette, i would always suggest ceado so you got the right kit.

cheers!
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

bain

#7: Post by bain »

Just bought the Ceado E6P V2, man what a nice unit.

Although when I was using it for the first time, I kept blocking the portafilter and went "nope too fine", "nope, still too fine", "nope, still too fine what the hell???" Then realised I was turning the dial the wrong way :roll: :roll: :roll:

Very smooth to adjust, the programmable function is very easy to use, and accurate. The machine did warm up quite a bit while dialing in the grind, but this was the motor I guess.

One day and half a kg of coffee down, very happy with this unit. My one criticism would be the hopper, I think they saved money here... Feels cheaper than the rest of the unit.

Phoenixxx3

#8: Post by Phoenixxx3 »

My Sette 270Wi works just great.

Static was only a problem in the beginning with very dark roasts (e.g. malabar). For that I 3D printed a funnel which works great, but haven't used it in 6 months now.

Imho dosing by weight is a huge improvement in consistency. Of course you can manually single dose, but the 270Wi makes it so much faster and easier. I don't understand why your 270Wi is off by 1g or more, mine rarely does +-0.1g.