Baratza Sette 270 quality issues been resolved yet? - Page 27

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
KateRomanelli

#261: Post by KateRomanelli »

Hi there,

I have had my Sette 270Wi for less than two years and the initial problem was that the grinding adjustment ring changed all the time while grinding. They had sent me that white, thicker soft ring which seems to have held it in place.

However, this morning I turned on the grinder and noticed a very high pitched sound and no coffee coming out. I took the grinding parts apart, made sure everything is clean and well aligned and gave it another try. Same thing, no coffee coming out and very high pitched sound. I am attaching you a video:

Would anyone know what to do in this case? Is it perhaps a broken motor or board?

Thank you kindly,
Kate

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#262: Post by Nunas »

It sounds like the gearbox. Bratza replaced mine even though it was still working (it's now a bit quieter). Somewhere on H-B someone did a tear-down of a dead gearbox...lots of plastic to go wrong if you happen to get a little stone or some such in the grinder. Since your motor is still running, you'd only need the gearbox, which is about $30 from Baratza. The motor & gearbox are also available as a unit (much easier DIY job) for about $70. But if your grinder is not too old, even off warranty, why not write Baratza? They've been very good to me, even supplying for free some things after the warranty expired.

KateRomanelli

#263: Post by KateRomanelli replying to Nunas »

Thanks so much, I appreciate the reply!