Baratza Forte vs EK43: Which is Better? - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
guydebord

Postby guydebord » Jan 10, 2019, 7:25 pm

namelessone wrote:Either way both his blog and instagram seems to be moving in a strange direction, first claiming Decent making V60 superior to any other method and then the grinder comparison. You can also see a pic of the "super light roast" in his words here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsRGVzWFXA7/

I agree, the dude has been lately playing everyone of his avid readers with a lot of hyperboles and bs. And guess what, its working, good publicity, bad publicity, controversy, it all works and here we are discussing the views of a commercial coffee consultant...

CwD

Postby CwD » Jan 10, 2019, 7:37 pm

Why does something controversial have to be insidious? I may not agree with the conclusions, but I've no reason to think Rao is being anything but honert with his experience with the Forte versus his experience with EKs. Especially given Mahlkonig's qc and the low odds of any cafe aligning it right themselves.

If, in what I consider the very low chance, anything fishy was up, I think it's more likely supply side. If I was Baratza, I'd pay whatever it took to have the Forte I was sending to someone as prolific as Rao put under an electron microscope and count the atoms to align it.

ds

Postby ds » Jan 10, 2019, 7:43 pm

CwD wrote: Especially given Mahlkonig's qc and the low odds of any cafe aligning it right themselves.

So you think product that is mass produced in quantities that are multiples of those EK is produced at, at cheaper price, by outsourced factory, could somehow have better QC? Not likely.

mivanitsky

Postby mivanitsky » Jan 10, 2019, 7:46 pm

RyanJE wrote:You can have mine, it popcorns too much....

Not really..

Contact Denis with this concern. He has been working on this.

rimblas

Postby rimblas » Jan 10, 2019, 8:14 pm

culturesub wrote:What exactly are his financial interests that would impact this discussion?

Clearly he's gunning for that Baratza Super Bowl commercial :mrgreen:

RyanJE

Postby RyanJE » Jan 10, 2019, 9:55 pm

mivanitsky wrote:Contact Denis with this concern. He has been working on this.

Was being totally sarcastic! It was another comment made by Rao regarding single dosing...
I drink two shots before I drink two shots, then I drink two more....

mivanitsky

Postby mivanitsky » replying to RyanJE » Jan 10, 2019, 10:04 pm

LOL. I didn't think that it is an issue either for Monoliths, though it of course happens infrequently. That notwithstanding, that it happens at all is enough for Denis to want to do something about it. No one who has experience with Monoliths should really be surprised by this at this point!