Arco by goat story

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
leozava
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by leozava »

I haven't been able to find any info about this grinder on the forum. Just wondering what everyone thinks. I don't see any details about the motor or the burrs but I kind of like the design/idea

https://us.goat-story.com//pages/arco

another_jim
Team HB

#2: Post by another_jim »

It's a cool design. Looks like the Trespade burr, my favorite entry level burr, but nothing special. Vaporware for now; and given the many others at this level, I'm not holding my breath. I wish them luck.
Jim Schulman

bakafish

#3: Post by bakafish »

The burrs in the 2 pictures are different. From the words, I think the first is the correct one. The 32mm should be the inner burr diameter and the outer burr is 48mm.

graphidz

#4: Post by graphidz »

They'll be launching their Kickstarter campaign in 3 or 4 days so more info will be ready by then. While I don't have much favorable views on their other stuff (especially that dumb horn shaped tumbler), this may be interesting. No need to get some third party motor for home brewing like for the Comandante.

Jonk

#5: Post by Jonk »

another_jim wrote:Looks like the Trespade burr.
Sure about that? Looks like Italmill to me. Very similar to Kinu's pour over burr, which would explain the need for a motor :wink:

Still, very affordable if they manage to pull it off. My two remaining concerns are if the steps are small enough for espresso and if it'll be comfortable to hold while grinding - advertised as "only" 63mm wide but that makes it one of the wider grinders in the market.

zefkir

#6: Post by zefkir replying to Jonk »

That makes it 2 mm fatter than the Comandante.

That looks to be the Italmill burr found in many other manual grinders too. As bakafish said, the burr in the foreground looks to be the one used in the mill, the one in the background looks to be the picture of a larger burrset.

Jonk

#7: Post by Jonk »

Oh, right. Wondered what bakafish meant but now I see there are two different inner burrs in the same picture. Wish Arco would be more focused on information instead of building hype.

zefkir

#8: Post by zefkir replying to Jonk »

Actually, I would say this is Arco being unfocused on marketing material, my guess is that both burr pictures are from Italmill promotional material and that Italmill didn't have a picture of the 48 mm burr set that showed both the cone and the outer burr, so Arco went with the picture of another burr set.

another_jim
Team HB

#9: Post by another_jim »

Jonk wrote:Sure about that? Looks like Italmill to me. Very similar to Kinu's pour over burr, which would explain the need for a motor :wink:
I always thought they were identical to the Trespade.
Jim Schulman

Jonk

#10: Post by Jonk replying to another_jim »

This is what I think of when you say Tre Spade, but perhaps they make something else as well.