Arco by goat story - Page 52

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
spressomon

#511: Post by spressomon »

The camera puffer tool per the recommendation by @LObin arrived today. So far, so good and problem solved! I RDT spritzed the beans 1x.

Thanks Jonathan!

No Espresso = Depresso

LObin

#512: Post by LObin replying to spressomon »

LObin's puffer! :lol:

I'm glad it's working for you too!

It's something Goat Story could include as a standard accessory. I had a Solo38 for a few weeks and it came with a puffer. Something to consider @PetertheGoat :)
LMWDP #592

bullap

#513: Post by bullap »

I have a problem with the electrical doc of my Arco 2in1 Grinder. Today it started to smoke after 14g coffee. The smoke develops even after I use the electrical doc without the grinder attached to it.
Did anyone have that same problem? Until now I never had a problem and was very happy with it..

renatoa

#514: Post by renatoa »

Do you mean visible smoke, or a smell that you think it's like smoke ?
Some copies I examined so far has such smell, that untrained people could believe it's smoke, coming from the belt, not from motor.
You can easily open the upper cover, it is fixed in a single screw, but not a typical cross Philips screw.
I don't have a grinder handy here to make a picture. It's a start of something similar.
If you don't have an universal hobby screwdriver kit, with multiple heads, to figure by trial and error, will post tomorrow again on this subject.
Once removed the upper cover, you can see and smell the belt, motor mounting screws, and locate the "smoke" source.

LObin

#515: Post by LObin »

I'm gonna state the obvious here but first step, before trying anything else, would be to contact Goat Story's customer service.
LMWDP #592

renatoa

#516: Post by renatoa »

Yeah, a lot of people pay extra for extended warranty, then ask on forums at first hiccup of their precious gear :)

bullap

#517: Post by bullap »

A brief update regarding my situation:

Naturally, my initial step was to reach out to the support team. However, I also wanted to seek input from the community.

Upon closer inspection, I confirmed the presence of visible smoke. When I opened the grinder, I noticed that some coffee bean particles had made their way into the moving parts, particularly where the strap is located. I believe this intrusion might have led to the generation of heat and subsequent smoke.

I successfully cleaned all components, though I remain convinced that an occurrence of this nature should ideally be prevented.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#518: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

FWIW;

There is an Arco for sale with the electric base on HB. Not mine, but I will say I used this setup for travel with the family to the beach back in August. In 7 days, I made 110 espressos with my Espresso Forge. I made them mostly myself but each person had to make one for themselves during the week. That meant using the hand grinder on the Arco and doing the pull on the Espresso Forge. If you have been thinking about getting one, here's your chance.

[FS] Goat Story Arco Combo Electric & Hand Grinder
Artisan.Plus User-
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart