Arco by goat story - Page 47

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
ugen

#461: Post by ugen »

I dont find it to be too loud, this is all subjective though. I agree that manual grinding with the Arco is very satisfying. How does it compare to other respected hand grinders? I have no experience.

spressomon

#462: Post by spressomon »

Anyone solved the slipping rubber sleeve?
No Espresso = Depresso

cibby
Supporter ♡

#463: Post by cibby »

Does anyone know of the Option O Moonshine burrs from the Lagom Mini would fit inside the Arco? Has anyone tried that combo out?

renatoa

#464: Post by renatoa »

spressomon wrote:Anyone solved the slipping rubber sleeve?
What about using double adhesive tape between the body metal and sleeve :?:

renatoa

#465: Post by renatoa »

cibby wrote:Does anyone know of the Option O Moonshine burrs from the Lagom Mini would fit inside the Arco? Has anyone tried that combo out?
48 vs 47 mm... with a big hammer... :roll:

cibby
Supporter ♡

#466: Post by cibby »

:) That was something I was wondering and trying to find on HB posts... had seen some references to 47/48 burrs which made me think maybe they're effectively the same size but different makes use different naming conventions. Are they for certain different sized burrs?

renatoa

#467: Post by renatoa »

I would first try to clarify if the Arco outer burr is user dis-mountable... maybe you need a special extractor, or other custom tools to mount/link to the unusual adjustement ring.
Looking for dimension matching is the next step.

spressomon

#468: Post by spressomon »

renatoa wrote:What about using double adhesive tape between the body metal and sleeve :?:
Yes, I wondered about 2 sided tape. I'll play around with it...the rubber sleeve might have enough stretch in it to be rolled down onto the tape covered grinder portion.
No Espresso = Depresso

renatoa

#469: Post by renatoa »

Or, try if replacing the sleeve with a tennis racquet overgrip is comfortable for you... under $10 on amazon.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#470: Post by baldheadracing »

cibby wrote::) That was something I was wondering and trying to find on HB posts... had seen some references to 47/48 burrs which made me think maybe they're effectively the same size but different makes use different naming conventions. Are they for certain different sized burrs?
The nominal size refers to the outside diameter of the burr - the mounting surface. 47mm/48mm typically refer to two different burr mounts - the dimensions of the working parts of the 47mm and 48mm burr are often the same. The 47mm is typically a round burr mount, and the 48mm typically has a raised part with two flats, e.g., https://www.oehandgrinders.com/Lido-Rep ... p_116.html

Thus, while effectively the same size, you can't swap the outer burr between 47mm and 48mm burrs. You may be able to swap the inner (cone) burr. For example, the Kinu M47 (47mm) pourover burr (just an inner burr) has worked in grinders that take 48mm Italmill burrs like the first-generation Lido 2. FYI: Kinu pourover burr fits the original LIDO 2
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada