Arco by goat story - Page 32

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
iyayy

#311: Post by iyayy »

mine burr does not touch/rub at 0 as well. my espresso settings are 22-27. anything less than 20 clicks will only drip super slowly after close to 1min. med/light roasts so.
is removing the spacer recommended? i suspect it's made to work as spring for tensioning.

renatoa

#312: Post by renatoa »

Rather as a friction reducing washer, imo... could be replaced by a teflon equivalent.
Isn't a real spring provided above the inner burrs ?

Advertisement
teyyaredenkahve

#313: Post by teyyaredenkahve »

No. You should have one wavy spacer. The message for those that have more than one spacers.

Wavy spacers are typically used to sustain axial load, produce preload, reduce vibration, thus noise, etc...

teyyaredenkahve

#314: Post by teyyaredenkahve »

No. There is no "real" spring above the burr. It does not have the traditional setting dial mechanism controlled/maintained by the spring.

renatoa

#315: Post by renatoa »

Ah, right, forgot this... the moving part is the outer burr.

renatoa

#316: Post by renatoa »

Hidden Easter eggs start popping from Arco... a little late I guess...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goa ... ts/3504794

Jessipoo

#317: Post by Jessipoo »

my Arco grinder, the marking line and steps don't line up, is anyone else getting this?

Advertisement
baldheadracing
Team HB

#318: Post by baldheadracing »

Some interesting first experiences with the grinder, powered vs. hand, from April (12 minutes long):

ETA: the duty cycle warning in the manual has been addressed/clarified a few posts down. Essentially, be mechanically sympathetic and don't try to use the powered grinder as a bulk grinder.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

iyayy

#319: Post by iyayy »

it has some play, and only lines up with certain numbers, much to my annoyance. the clicks feels mushy, and on some numbers i'm not sure what it is, eg whether is 23.5 or 24 because it doesnt line up to either. i can also move the ring about 1/4mm without it clicking and staying between the markings, so there is some drift.
the 1z clicks at exact spot everytime, and much smoother on the twisting and solid on locking, doesnt drift between numbers, more premium feeling.

luvmy40

#320: Post by luvmy40 replying to iyayy »

This is quite different than my experience.

While the hash mark on the barrel and the numbered marks on the adjustment ring do not line up on my ARCO(the hash falls perfectly midway between numbers), the detent is quite distinct and very repeatable. It does not drift or shift settings while grinding at all.