Arco by goat story - Page 22

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
renatoa

#211: Post by renatoa »

An example of coffee gear KS project with smoother outcome, than Arco, i.e. no delays, frequent (and relevant) updates ?
During recent troubled times, of course... when all the supply chains are affected.

spressomon

#212: Post by spressomon »

^^^ To be more clear: I'm not disgruntled with the extended timeline but rather the void of communication. Given we/they are supposedly coming down home stretch regarding the 2nd date for delivery of the early adopters, and its been 5-weeks since the last update...arguably that wasn't even an update...it just seems plausible our worth is what they say it is...show us, don't tell us.
No Espresso = Depresso

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
luvmy40

#213: Post by luvmy40 »

Meh,
Frequent updates just bring it back to mind for me. I'd rather not be reminded and just be pleasantly surprised when I get the email asking for my shipping address.

renatoa

#214: Post by renatoa »

Update... not the kind you expecting... :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/go ... ts/3291905

... but his beard is bigger, and bigger... :) October is coming, fear thinking to winter :D

spressomon

#215: Post by spressomon »

"...but his beard is bigger, and bigger..."

:lol:

Regardless, it is good to get an update.
No Espresso = Depresso

renatoa

#216: Post by renatoa »

More candies... noticed the increased rate of updates

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/go ... ts/3295904

And a dedication to Anze :)

We don't need no bells and whistles
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the grinder
Anze, bring that real grinder... alone or in combo :D

renatoa

#217: Post by renatoa »

Now that becomes childish... another update to announce us they changed again their mind about the settings thing, figuring what was been demonstrated 9 months ago ! that Arco needs more turns to completely cover an usable range of grinds. Turns, not clicks...

Urnex: 100% dedicated focus on coffee and tea cleaning
Sponsored by Urnex
phinicota

#218: Post by phinicota »

renatoa wrote:Now that becomes childish... another update to announce us they changed again their mind about the settings thing, figuring what was been demonstrated 9 months ago ! that Arco needs more turns to completely cover an usable range of grinds. Turns, not clicks...
Peter answered that to what you replied right after that:
renatoa wrote:So the conclusion is the resolution is variable, ranging from 3 in espresso area to whatever 6-12 in the brew area.
But even if the demonstration you point was correct and the resolution was in fact constant, I'd point 2 things about the current range (refer to the image):
  • The 3 turns do in fact cover the range from IBRIK up to French press
  • The 4th turn actually covers cold brew (I don't know by how much, but it is expected to need bigger particle sizes than French press).
So maybe the 1200um range was just accounting up to French press? In any case, I don't see the problem.

renatoa

#219: Post by renatoa »

as long as this burst of updates from last week isn't to prepare us for a new delay announcement, there is no problem :)

_sawas_

#220: Post by _sawas_ »

You know it definitely is. I don't mind the delay as long as they deliver the high quality product they promised. On the other hand I do find it amusing that they saved some good news as a diversion technique to keep us busy while the delay is imminent.

Edit: New update today (29 Sept) to set the delivery date to December-January. If we are optimistic, it could be ideal for a gift just in time for the holiday season. Realistically this could mean that it will be as late as February when considering that other issues might occur (shipping during the holidays/new year etc).