Arco by goat story - Page 19

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
renatoa

#181: Post by renatoa »

Based on the actual prices shown in KS page, either campaign prices, either final retail prices, it seems that the motor unit is priced very close to the grinder alone.
I mean the following values:
- 125 grinder - 250 combo - early bird
- 144 grinder - 290 combo - lazy bird
- 199 grinder - 399 combo - retail

Take these as a guess though...

archagon

#182: Post by archagon »

I reached out to Goat Story on Instagram earlier today. Confirmed that the catcher cup magnets have alternating polarity like the 1Zpresso K-Plus and JE-Plus, and that the text is engraved and won't come off.

heytchap

#183: Post by heytchap »

Anyone else suuuuuper annoyed seeing them shill for their cold brew set up over and again after promising ARCO updates last week and still radio silent there? I am for sure.

phinicota

#184: Post by phinicota replying to heytchap »

Just FYI they just posted an update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/go ... ts/3194862

tldr: Delivery in October and now we get a free anti-slippage sleeve.

Swoz

#185: Post by Swoz »

Their kickerstarter says that the noise level is 65db. All of their videos so far with the grinder runner, it sounds crazy loud.

I think I'm going to cancel my order. I was already skeptical of that claim, I just cant see them as trustworthy anymore with the way they've been handling this Arco situation - ignoring and deleting comments about the grinder while peddling their cold brew cup.

phinicota

#186: Post by phinicota »

Swoz wrote:Their kickerstarter says that the noise level is 65db. All of their videos so far with the grinder runner, it sounds crazy loud.
My Eureka Mignon Specialità is supposed to be about ~72db (just googled it from some home-barista forum) and although it is loud to have a conversation, it'll grind ~30g in less than 25s. All this to say that it might be loud but it's not EK43 loud :lol:

Also, assuming their stated loudness is true, that 7db difference actually bigger than it might seem.

I'm not particularly worried about that, you can always go manual for ninja morning brews.

Besides, all videos they have shown so far are prototypes.

Jonk

#187: Post by Jonk »

Swoz wrote:Their kickerstarter says that the noise level is 65db. All of their videos so far with the grinder runner, it sounds crazy loud.
Actually in that last update there's a very short section with the grinder running that doesn't sound too bad, for the first time. Perhaps there's hope.

renatoa

#188: Post by renatoa »

heytchap wrote:Anyone else suuuuuper annoyed seeing them shill for their cold brew set up over and again after promising ARCO updates last week and still radio silent there? I am for sure.
Delayed to October... relieved now ? :)

renatoa

#189: Post by renatoa »

Swoz wrote: I think I'm going to cancel my order. I was already skeptical of that claim, I just cant see them as trustworthy anymore with the way they've been handling this Arco situation - ignoring and deleting comments about the grinder while peddling their cold brew cup.
Handling what... are you involved in anything that means manufacturing ?
There is an enormous shortage of anything... not only chips, the news that make headlines usually.
Just an example in our field: out of Aeropress gasket/seals worldwide !
So I understand Arco team perfectly.

spressomon

#190: Post by spressomon »

^ tell me about shortages of all kinds! Spray paints, PVC piping, spray drywall texture...and rubber (as in automobile tires)!
No Espresso = Depresso