Arco by goat story - Page 17

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Jonk

#161: Post by Jonk »

I just wish they'd show us a simple, un-edited video of it grinding both by hand and attached. If it doesn't squeak, struggle or sound like a vacuum cleaner I'd place an order.

Here's hoping that they're planning to bring an open boiler like a Strietman to the market, but affordable like Arco. Whatever it is I guess it's going to be 58mm to tie in with the grinder.

dreadnatty08

#162: Post by dreadnatty08 »

Realized this would be a really good fit for us. I use my JX Pro in the morning so I don't make any noise and my wife uses the crappy burr grinder that we have for the pot of coffee later on. This way we can use the same grinder in our own respective ways. :)
Hoping to see more of a demo of the noise level. I can't imagine it's in any way louder than the dumb one we have! Just backed it and looking forward to the surprise I'm sure I'll forget about by June.

renatoa

#163: Post by renatoa »

Jonk wrote:I just wish they'd show us a simple, un-edited video of it grinding both by hand and attached. If it doesn't squeak, struggle or sound like a vacuum cleaner I'd place an order.
Do you think that all videos shown until now are deep fake or heavily edited to hide something ?
Jonk wrote:Here's hoping that they're planning to bring an open boiler like a Strietman to the market, but affordable like Arco. Whatever it is I guess it's going to be 58mm to tie in with the grinder.
Have you seen the new Flair 58 announced last week?

Jonk

#164: Post by Jonk »

renatoa wrote:Do you think that all videos shown until now are deep fake or heavily edited to hide something ?
On the contrary, I'm only aware of that one quick video with a backing track and shaky cam where the grinder squeaks, struggles and sounds like a vacuum :shock:

Perhaps it's just an abused prototype in the video and not representative of how the end product will behave. Perhaps the grind quality, flexibility or price point makes it worthwhile either way. I mean I do use a Baratza Vario daily in spite of the same issues because it delivers on the other points.

Just saying it would be nice with some more detailed updates if possible.
renatoa wrote:Have you seen the new Flair 58 announced last week?
Yes. Which probably means that Flair will not release an open boiler in the near future.

luvmy40

#165: Post by luvmy40 »

renatoa wrote:Do you think that all videos shown until now are deep fake or heavily edited to hide something ?

Have you seen the new Flair 58 announced last week?
The Flair 58 is not an open boiler machine. It just has a heated group to minimize heat loss and eliminate the need for preheating.

Jeff
Team HB

#166: Post by Jeff »

Outer rotating burr in a conical reminded me of Interesting Pending Patent - Niche Coffee

k0nfuse

#167: Post by k0nfuse replying to Jeff »

It is not an outer rotating burr in ARCO - outer is stationary when grinding, as with most grinders. But unusually for hand-grinders, it is an outer burr that is being shifted for grind-size adjustment. Most hand-grinders adjust the height of an inner burr.
★ Helpful

renatoa

#168: Post by renatoa »

luvmy40 wrote:The Flair 58 is not an open boiler machine. It just has a heated group to minimize heat loss and eliminate the need for preheating.
Sure, but who cares ? The hot water is still there, in the group and imersing the piston, not in a remote boiler connected by pipes and losing heat during extraction.
The way how is applied pressure, i.e. manual versus dumb pump without personality is the main difference, not the water heating method.

heytchap

#169: Post by heytchap »

Lack of meaningful updates and communication from Goat is troubling/annoying, especially when they're just shilling other products on their Instagram page 24/7.

marcism

#170: Post by marcism replying to heytchap »

Bit of a double edged sword with social media marketing, especially for a small-ish company with niche products.

On the one hand, you can generate significant interest very quickly, and by adding personalised outreach via the human touch, it's easy to deliver your goals and ideas to your audience.

But then, people expect it all the time. Marketing like this is hard, and requires a huge amount of time to maintain, even though it seems like simple enough content to produce.

I work a lot with developers and asking "what's the status?" is a quick way to get a frown and "I'll update you when there's an update." We know Goat Story's roadmap, and for those that backed it, we agreed to the timeframes laid out. If we pass June and no update, then I'd be concerned.

I trust Peter is working his ass off right now :), maybe he'll jump in here to confirm.