Any Word on the October Production of Monoliths?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BaristaBob

#1: Post by BaristaBob »

HB'ers,

It's been about 20 days since Denis (KafaTek) contacted those who are part of the October production run for Monolith Flats and Conicals. Does anyone have a word as to how close we are to a front door package?

I"M GOING CRAZY...THE WAIT...TICK>>>TOCK>>>>TICK>>>TOCK. :lol:
Bob "hello darkness my old friend..I've come to drink you once again"

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

I bought them all. Sorry.

:mrgreen:
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

BaristaBob (original poster)

#3: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to TomC »

There's a true entrepreneur in every bunch. :lol:

vanvo88

#4: Post by vanvo88 »

Per his email at 12:50pm EST....
Denis wrote:Hi Coffee Friends,

Quick update for you on how current production run is going. Flat grinders should be on time, we are still waiting for the burrs, but we are optimistic they will be here by October. If that holds we should start shipping Monolith Flat beginning of October.

Monolith Conicals might have little delay. Our finishers in Portland packaged grind chambers improperly and the whole lot got dented. Instead of sending these heavy parts separated by heavy carton, as they have received them, they just wrapped them in paper and threw them all together in the box. Every single one got dented (black and silver crying ) and must be scrapped. See attached images. We are remaking the parts as I write this. Conicals are expected to start shipping by end of October.

Thank you for your patience.

My Best,

Denis

sluflyer06

#5: Post by sluflyer06 »

BaristaBob wrote:HB'ers,

It's been about 20 days since Denis (KafaTek) contacted those who are part of the October production run for Monolith Flats and Conicals. Does anyone have a word as to how close we are to a front door package?

I"M GOING CRAZY...THE WAIT...TICK>>>TOCK>>>>TICK>>>TOCK. :lol:
Huh? it hasn't been 20 days since an update, it's been 2 weeks and we got another update today.

He emailed everyone on September 5th & today, the 19th.

jonathonhagerty

#6: Post by jonathonhagerty »

Are you guys talking about orders that have been built and due to be shipped by October? Or the next round of pre-orders beginning in October?

BaristaBob (original poster)

#7: Post by BaristaBob (original poster) replying to jonathonhagerty »

The former...they are currently being built for October shipment.

Also, I think the next pre-order will be for the Flat-Max, though I could be wrong. :shock:

jacob.kole

#8: Post by jacob.kole »

Probably correct on the Max. Think the rumor/intel on it was by the end of the year, will need to happen soon in order for that to happen! This part of the year usually flies by.

tumendoza

#9: Post by tumendoza »

I will be in Seattle in October 5-8 and contacted Denis to see if my flat will be ready as I love to pick it up and bring it home as a hand luggage. Denis told me that he cannot guarantee as too many balls up in the air right now. I'm patiently waiting..........