Aergrind: compact coffee grinder by Knock (Kickstarter) - Page 30

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
equedadoii

#291: Post by equedadoii »

Cardboardgeorge wrote:Just joined the party so much better than the porlex!
had mine for two days now. using w/ the flair.
anyone find a preferable setting? i'm finding the finest i can go before it stalls is 1:10. i've taken it as coarsely as 2:4.

AssafL

#292: Post by AssafL »

rogersta wrote:Reached out to Knock and was told they were sending some replacement parts to their USA dealer (Prima) a while back. Prima told me they did not receive any handles. Tried reaching back out to Knock several times and have received no reply. I assume they could not be bothered in the hassle of providing a replacement part. Anyone have one they would like to part ways with?
What was the problem with the handle? Mine had the knob screw off, but I was able to screw it back on just by creating enough friction with the knob against the handle. I then backed off a few turns and used Loctite. Been fine since!

I assume the knob can be pried open to get access to the pivot/bearing, but I couldn't for a spudger in and forcing friction solved the problem.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

Advertisement
renatoa

#293: Post by renatoa »

Best setting for V60 seems to be 3.2, so espresso should be in the neighbourhood of 1.6, they are usually in a 1/2 ratio for all manual grinders I have.

Cardboardgeorge

#294: Post by Cardboardgeorge »

How do you know when the grinder is at the zero point as I dont want to fully lock the burrs incase of damage, am I just being paranoid? Someone please enlighten me! :D

renatoa

#295: Post by renatoa »

The burrs damage occurs if you force turning when locked.
Just touching the burrs does not damage them.
So feel free to adjust them until they lock, note the setting as zero, then release until move freely, at least half turn. If they still rub after one full turn, I would consider unacceptable miss-align and return for service.

Cardboardgeorge

#296: Post by Cardboardgeorge replying to renatoa »

Hey thanks all working fine! Good advice

Stanic

#297: Post by Stanic »

equedadoii wrote:had mine for two days now. using w/ the flair.
anyone find a preferable setting? i'm finding the finest i can go before it stalls is 1:10. i've taken it as coarsely as 2:4.
With the Portaspresso I'm at 1.3 - 1.4 with normal beans (light to medium roasts) and down to 1.1 with decaf

Advertisement
rogersta

#298: Post by rogersta »

After numerous emails I have been told that a first generation handle is not avail. Can anyone be so kind as to provide me the dimensions of their handle so I can try and reproduce one?

#299: Post by 1968 »

Hi,

Does anybody know the diameter of the drive shaft? Is the Aergrind metric?

Thanks,
Klaus

issy

#300: Post by issy »

jpender wrote:What's the value of a warranty from a company that you can't contact?
I bought an Aergrind from Knock. Great grinder, no problems getting response from company.