ebola5114 wrote:Maybe I don't see them, could someone tell me the innovations of this new grinder? there are many hand grinders out there with different prices tags and sizes, it's a really competitive market niche
Naturally, this is pure speculation, since nobody has seen it:
What I like in this grinder is
- Coming from Knock, I can expect a good grind quality
- Weight. 300 g is nothing. That's half of felgrind or Helor!!
- Size is less of a concern, but smaller is nicer.
- The grind dial. Easy to use like the feldgrind, but seemingly with more precision thanks to a larger dial.
- A lid. The dial being a lid is great for putting it in a bag without getting stray coffee particles all over the place (Hi, Helor and Kinu).
- The price is relatively low, even after the kickstarter.
Some main alternatives would be feldgrind, Lido, Helor, Kinu. All are great and sturdier built. Perhaps grind quality could be discussed, but let's not get into that without information.
However, based on what I've seen, I can't see any clear disadvantage of the aergrind, beyond build. (possible feed issues mentioned earlier?)
It seems to be optimal for travelling, and for those not travelling, it comes at a lower cost.