3-D printed portafilter holder for Weber Workshops Key grinder - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
uxdinosaur

#11: Post by uxdinosaur »

DM-ed you in diaspora. :D

B2uatk

#12: Post by B2uatk »

Would also suggest looking into your local public library if they have a 3d printer. I had a printer and then gave it up as my local public library has bigger and better machines. All I need to do is send them the link and they tell me an approximate cost...

DaMaDo (original poster)

#13: Post by DaMaDo (original poster) »

I made a video showing the use of these 3D printed stands

Jshot

#14: Post by Jshot »

You did a great job with that design! With this workflow have you noticed much, if any grounds left in the funnel?

steelval3

#15: Post by steelval3 »

Yeah awesome design and really love the video, thank you for sharing!

FaantastiK

#16: Post by FaantastiK »

Jshot wrote:You did a great job with that design! With this workflow have you noticed much, if any grounds left in the funnel?
I've just changed from the magic tumbler to the standard funnel and the difference in grind retention has been minimal. If anything, I'm seeing fewer grounds sticking to the inside of the standard funnel than I was previously seeing on the walls of the magic tumbler.

chipman

#17: Post by chipman »

Using the magic tumbler has been seamless for me. On the few occasions any grounds were stuck to the sidewalls, one little tap release them. My one question is if you used the funnel and ground into your portafilter, how would you know if there were any grounds stuck to the sidewall of the funnel? Seems that if you have to remove the funnel to check, it would defeat the purpose of making your "workflow" simpler.

DaMaDo (original poster)

#18: Post by DaMaDo (original poster) »

For me, the grounds left in the funnel is just a thin film. There's usually not anything that can fall out even with a tap, although I tap out of habit.

Here's a full cover version of the stand

Jessipoo

#19: Post by Jessipoo »

oh you can leave the decent funnel on the 3D printed piece so you just slide the portafilter in/out? That's pretty slick of a workflow

FaantastiK

#20: Post by FaantastiK »

chipman wrote:Using the magic tumbler has been seamless for me. On the few occasions any grounds were stuck to the sidewalls, one little tap release them. My one question is if you used the funnel and ground into your portafilter, how would you know if there were any grounds stuck to the sidewall of the funnel? Seems that if you have to remove the funnel to check, it would defeat the purpose of making your "workflow" simpler.
When I was first trying to understand the... key... differences between the two setups, I would take off the funnel (exactly as easy as removing the magic tumbler) and inspect it after grinding. For my regular workflow, I just give the funnel a tap and move right along.