2020 Coffee Grinder Showdown - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
coffeemmichael (original poster)

#121: Post by coffeemmichael (original poster) »

Brooksie wrote:Did you do RDT in this video?
Thank you. I always RDT

#122: Post by coffeemmichael (original poster) »

EG-1 enters the fray

Alestz

#123: Post by Alestz »

great video - I really enjoy your videos! have you been able to get your hands on a monolith flat with shuriken burrs yet? curious of your opinion regarding the new geometry and contrasting in cup profile

zero610

#124: Post by zero610 »

coffeemmichael wrote:video

EG-1 enters the fray
Great video. Thanks Michael. Any notes on how the Ultra filter burrs compare with pre-2015 EK43 burrs?

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#125: Post by baristainzmking »

Alestz wrote:great video - I really enjoy your videos! have you been able to get your hands on a monolith flat with shuriken burrs yet? curious of your opinion regarding the new geometry and contrasting in cup profile
+1
Julia

#126: Post by coffeemmichael (original poster) »

zero610 wrote:Great video. Thanks Michael. Any notes on how the Ultra filter burrs compare with pre-2015 EK43 burrs?
I need to let less die on the cutting room floor. It feels inherently ridiculous to keep pointing out a defunct metal disc as this shining example of everything good in the world, and I don't want to have to do this as it feels like this potent mixture of elitism /condescension/ exclusivity-- but I truly believe it.

I think these 80mm ultra burrs are the best thing we have right now. They're good enough that I don't care if they're better/worse/the same as the old ones, and I truly don't know which way I'd go if forced a choice-- and that's enough to make me jump for joy, that options do exist

Alestz wrote:have you been able to get your hands on a monolith flat with shuriken burrs yet? curious of your opinion regarding the new geometry and contrasting in cup profile
98mm sets here/en route, more soon. Unclear of a timeline on public thoughts with these, will share when I'm prepared

#127: Post by coffeemmichael (original poster) »

Five more grinders enter the fray, along with some comments on a major EG-1 feature

alunare
Supporter ♡

#128: Post by alunare »

Thx for your channel Michael, love your style and approach on this incredible coffee world i have just delved into.

And because of you, i did click on that buy button on the EG-1..... You made me tip over the edge. Cant wait to receive it and post my opinions which i hope will match yours.

Abecker

#129: Post by Abecker »

coffeemmichael wrote:video

Five more grinders enter the fray, along with some comments on a major EG-1 feature
Excited to watch this. I feel like there isn't much content out for grinders for filter brews.

Jonk

#130: Post by Jonk »

Very interesting. Did you check the alignment on the Forté? I think the experience depends quite a bit on whether it's good or poor.