1Zpresso ZP6 Special: The ZP6 is back

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
marcism

#1: Post by marcism »

Just got an email from 1Zpresso saying they're going to re-release the ZP6 and it's available now.

Supposedly this grinder is awesome for filter (as seen in this review from Lance Hedrick) but was never really available for western countries. There was a lot of noise made after Lance's video to get it back, so seems like it worked.

Comes in at $199, which seems pretty pricey, but if the taste is that good then I guess it's not too bad!

wormraper

#2: Post by wormraper »

I noticed they had a new K series as well. The "Ultra"

I am intrigued about the zp6 though.

EvanOz85

#3: Post by EvanOz85 »

Thanks for the heads up! Instant purchase for me as I've been curious about this one for quite a while.

isido993

#4: Post by isido993 »

Instant purchase for me as well. I've been using the KS (same burr as ZP-6 but simpler chassis design) grinder for a couple of months now and it produces absolutely stellar brews - much cleaner than my K-Max. Looking forward to trying this new ZP6 as it's expected to produce even less fines.

EvanOz85

#5: Post by EvanOz85 »

wormraper wrote:I noticed they had a new K series as well. The "Ultra"
In the announcement email, 1Zpresso says that the K-Ultra uses a different burr than the other grinders in the K series. The website, however, makes no mention of this. I wonder what they changed with the burr?

coffeeOnTheBrain

#6: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

isido993 wrote:Instant purchase for me as well. I've been using the KS (same burr as ZP-6 but simpler chassis design) grinder for a couple of months now and it produces absolutely stellar brews - much cleaner than my K-Max. Looking forward to trying this new ZP6 as it's expected to produce even less fines.
Do you maybe have the JS? I might be mistaken but I thought the JS is the inly other grinder with that burr.

isido993

#7: Post by isido993 replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

KS is basically the same grinder as JS but in a slimmer body, here is the link (in Chinese): https://1zpresso.com/ks/

Corgo

#8: Post by Corgo »

EvanOz85 wrote:In the announcement email, 1Zpresso says that the K-Ultra uses a different burr than the other grinders in the K series. The website, however, makes no mention of this. I wonder what they changed.
Website makes it sound like slightly finer adjustment (20 vs 22 microns), rotatable handle, and rounded edges to make it feel better in hand. If I want to get a k series now, I would pick the k ultra based on the minor improvements. If I already have a k series, nothing worth upgrading imo.

EvanOz85

#9: Post by EvanOz85 »

Corgo wrote:Website makes it sound like slightly finer adjustment (20 vs 22 microns), rotatable handle, and rounded edges to make it feel better in hand. If I want to get a k series now, I would pick the k ultra based on the minor improvements. If I already have a k series, nothing worth upgrading imo.
The email specifically says:
A new burr that is different to the K-Series, bringing out more flavors from your coffee beans.
So it definitely sounds like a new burr, in addition to the other changes.

Corgo

#10: Post by Corgo »

EvanOz85 wrote:The email specifically says:

So it definitely sounds like a new burr, in addition to the other changes.
That is why I said the website and based only on what the website says. I didn't get the email so only source of information I have from the manufacturer is from their website.

My only point was the improvements itself (even if same burrs) seem like it was enough for the price increase over the k-plus/k-max.