1Zpresso ZP6 Special: The ZP6 is back - Page 24

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
AnotherADDiction

#231: Post by AnotherADDiction »

They show the zp6 on their website... Oops, now it says out of stock.
I went with the jmax because it looked like a great price, $140 a month or so ago.
I am very happy with it but just wonder if there is a cheap way to get a better tasting cup.. I currently use a V60 and am waiting for some abaca filter paper to come. I have simple tastes (untrained palate) and don't want to become obsessed (as per audio) but want my best possible way to go. Was looking at cube or flat last night but really was just killing time.
Would I need to drop $800-160 00pm a grinder to taste a good improvement (and which one too). I guess I just want to be able to either start saving or just work on what I have and move on.

Acavia

#232: Post by Acavia »

Edal wrote:replaced by a Ditting 804 with the original cast burrs (an additional pair of high uniformity burrs from user jpboyt are on the way).
Please do a review. I have the Sweet burrs and newer machined burrs. I am curious how those are. I might buy the 80mm HU SSP ones too.

Acavia

#233: Post by Acavia »

AnotherADDiction wrote:They show the zp6 on their website... Oops, now it says out of stock.
I went with the jmax because it looked like a great price, $140 a month or so ago.
I am very happy with it but just wonder if there is a cheap way to get a better tasting cup.. I currently use a V60 and am waiting for some abaca filter paper to come. I have simple tastes (untrained palate) and don't want to become obsessed (as per audio) but want my best possible way to go. Was looking at cube or flat last night but really was just killing time.
Would I need to drop $800-160 00pm a grinder to taste a good improvement (and which one too). I guess I just want to be able to either start saving or just work on what I have and move on.
For V60 you could do the Timemore 078 kickstarter now for $500

AnotherADDiction

#234: Post by AnotherADDiction »

That is definitely something that I will consider. To get back on track :
Does the zp6 do better pour over (taste wise) than the jmax?

bringyoutomyhell

#235: Post by bringyoutomyhell replying to AnotherADDiction »

Yes, the ZP6 will be clearer. But with less body. Probably less bitterness too

AnotherADDiction

#236: Post by AnotherADDiction »

Thanks, I do like body and need to learn more of what my desires are. I think that I will stick with what I have until a major upgrade. At this point it feels at least something like a Df64 or an Ode with a sweet cast burr.

Edal

#237: Post by Edal »

Just put a little something up here: 80mm 'Boyt Super' Ditting burr. I'd recommend reading the whole thing and reading the other review I link. The casts and the Boyts are both great burr sets. Apologies if this is off topic for the rest of the thread.

Iceman2913

#238: Post by Iceman2913 »

Apparently, these are confirmed to be coming back in stock this week.

Any updated thoughts on these? I feel like Lance overhyped these

kidloco

#239: Post by kidloco »

Still great here! I had Timemore 078S, decided it is not worth the upgrade if you have ZP6 and sold it.

boren

#240: Post by boren »

Stock only lasted 20 or so minutes. I'm glad I managed to snag one.