1Zpresso ZP6 Special: The ZP6 is back - Page 3

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
isido993

#21: Post by isido993 »

Jonk wrote:Where did you buy that? Is there a straightforward way to get it in Europe?
Unfortunately there's no straightforward way to buy it in Europe, I used a Taiwanese "buying proxy" service, they bought it for me and shipped with DHL, I ended up paying something around 3x of its original price but I still think it's worth it because the brews it produces are much much better (to my taste) than the ones I was getting with my K-Max.

wormraper

#22: Post by wormraper »

EvanOz85 wrote:In the announcement email, 1Zpresso says that the K-Ultra uses a different burr than the other grinders in the K series. The website, however, makes no mention of this. I wonder what they changed with the burr?
Hmmmm that makes a bit more sense. Wonder what real world benefit will get with the new burrs

EvanOz85

#23: Post by EvanOz85 »

BrocoliB wrote:I find most of my brews with the k-plus to be a bit chalky, astringent. But when I grind more coarse to escape this, I find the flavors lacking. A friend of mine has a fellow ode, which doesn't have the chalkiness. So my hope is that the zp6, in offering less fines, would solve that problem. Or maybe i'm having a grinder wet dream. What do you think?
I can't really say what I think, as I've never had coffee from a ZP6. I can, however, say that I haven't experienced any chalky or astringent brews from my K-Plus.

Jonk

#24: Post by Jonk »

isido993 wrote:Unfortunately there's no straightforward way to buy it in Europe, I used a Taiwanese "buying proxy" service, they bought it for me and shipped with DHL, I ended up paying something around 3x of its original price but I still think it's worth it because the brews it produces are much much better (to my taste) than the ones I was getting with my K-Max.
Ah, too bad. I guess ZP6 Special makes more sense now then, at a similar or perhaps even lower end price.

I think we should applaud 1zpresso for offering more than one kind of grinder. It'd be nice if the cheaper versions were more readily available for international sales, but maybe they don't want to compete with their own premium offerings 8)

Sure, there are rumors about 4-5 different versions of the heptagonal burr alone.. A bit confusing, but tiny differences might not have much impact in the cup.

syc

#25: Post by syc »

mzaiya wrote:I hope 1Zpresso consolidates their offerings, I think there are too many grinders that are similar.
It may be confusing for buyers, but in a way, 1zpresso caters to coffee obsessives, and given a choice, the coffee obsessives would probably rather have new products come to market sooner and be kind of sprawling mess, versus releasing a much smaller number of products with longer intervals in between (like the Comandante C40).

Release early and release often!

iBrew

#26: Post by iBrew »

Too bad the tight alignment of the original ZP6 wasn't used on this new model. Hopefully they bring that model out in the future.

coffeeOnTheBrain

#27: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to iBrew »

This version has 22 micron steps right? How small were the steps on the original?

iBrew

#28: Post by iBrew replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

I don't know how small the steps were? I was talking about the burr alignment, in the original ZP6 they made it so the burrs were aligned and that seems to have been missed on the version their selling today. Hopefully they bring back that model.

EvanOz85

#29: Post by EvanOz85 »

iBrew wrote:Too bad the tight alignment of the original ZP6 wasn't used on this new model. Hopefully they bring that model out in the future.
How do you know this? I thought the tight alignment was the entire point of the ZP6? Can you link to whatever it is that indicates otherwise?

iBrew

#30: Post by iBrew replying to EvanOz85 »

Lance Hedrick said this on Reddit, he got that info from 1Zpresso as they sent him the ZP6 and the K-Ultra to review. He's also going to be doing a full 1Zpresso line up break down.