1Zpresso ZP6 Special: The ZP6 is back - Page 16

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Iceman2913

#151: Post by Iceman2913 »

Yan wrote:Did you taste side by side ? Or at different time? I like to taste side by side so we can see the different, better is based on your opinion and preference, if I concerned about clarity I look for clarity which one better based on that comparison, other maybe looking for complexity, balance, body ... etc.
well tbh, the q2 (hep burrs) already performs close to the same level as the comandante taste-wise and clarity-wise due to the same burrs.

the x-pro provides more clarity than comandante and some championship brewers/baristas say slightly more than the k series too in exchange for body.

Lance and some posters here are saying the older zp6 is like the ssp unimodal of hand grinders (ssp burrs provide way better clarity than the comandante/k series)

so I am not surprised to read that the new zp6 is the best hand grinder for clarity and higher extractions. My reason for frequenting this thread was seeing how users compare it to other grinders from Izpresso, if the hype was real and if there was still a point in purchasing a comandante.

zefkir

#152: Post by zefkir »

Yan wrote:Interesting... I seen his previous video and he show the Burr, at a glance it looks like the Lido series burr if someone can get the picture of the Burr side by side with the Lido series will be nice.
The ring burr is vastly different on 1Z's models. There are huge outfalls there. The Etzinger ring burrs that the Lido uses have some kind scalloped outfalls with very little depth.

Yan

#153: Post by Yan replying to zefkir »

Thanks for the info...yes I had the Lido 3 in the past and the ring burr scalloped outfalls looks not too deep.

old_bear

#154: Post by old_bear »

Got it, tried. No burr rub at all.
Something wrong?

coffeeOnTheBrain

#155: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to old_bear »

Try to tighten the silver shiny ring that you see when the lid/handle is off to get your rub ;)

old_bear

#156: Post by old_bear replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

But that would drive the calibration off?..

coffeeOnTheBrain

#157: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain replying to old_bear »

I am a tiny bit confused here. Didn't you just ask if anything was wrong with your grinder, but now you are sure that it is calibrated correctly? In that case congratulations on the only ZP6 without burr rub.

old_bear

#158: Post by old_bear replying to coffeeOnTheBrain »

When I received it, I disassembled it, examined the parts, assembled and calibrated.
I don't hear the burr rub, or I have my hearing impaired.

My question is. Is it really burr rub? Not the ring by the spring? I am wondering if there is huge sample variance, or interpretations diversity.

malling

#159: Post by malling replying to old_bear »

All hand grinders have burr rub but it varies how close to burr lock it happens.

Jonk

#160: Post by Jonk replying to malling »

Some don't. I had a Kinu M47 and Kinu M47 Phoenix with no burr rub at all. Might be more due to burr geometry rather than alignment though.