1Zpresso ZP6 Special: The ZP6 is back - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
BrocoliB

#11: Post by BrocoliB »

Thinking about pulling the trigger too! I have the k-plus, but not blown away by it for filter coffee. Think it would be a good swap?

Jonk

#12: Post by Jonk »

isido993 wrote:I've been using the KS (same burr as ZP-6 but simpler chassis design) grinder for a couple of months now and it produces absolutely stellar brews - much cleaner than my K-Max.
Where did you buy that? Is there a straightforward way to get it in Europe?

coffeeOnTheBrain

#13: Post by coffeeOnTheBrain »

isido993 wrote:KS is basically the same grinder as JS but in a slimmer body, here is the link (in Chinese): https://1zpresso.com/ks/
Cool thank you!

iBrew

#14: Post by iBrew »

Someone needs to do an honest 1Zpresso comparison video because I have no idea what grinder I would want to get between the ZP6, K-Ultra and the X-Pro and would prefer not having buyers remorse. I like what 1Zpresso is doing by offering filter focused hand grinder at this $200 price point but I'm confused on the line up and what the in cup difference is between them.

Yan

#15: Post by Yan »

Same here :) lots of variant to choose, finally I've got other brands with only single model.

EvanOz85

#16: Post by EvanOz85 »

BrocoliB wrote:Thinking about pulling the trigger too! I have the k-plus, but not blown away by it for filter coffee. Think it would be a good swap?
Hard to say. What is it that you didn't care for with the K-Plus cups? I find the K-Plus to be very high in clarity for filter, and the ZP6 is said to take the clarity even further. So there's a possibility you'll like the ZP6 even less.

BrocoliB

#17: Post by BrocoliB »

EvanOz85 wrote:Hard to say. What is it that you didn't care for with the K-Plus cups? find the K-Plus to be very high in clarity for filter, and the ZP6 is said to take the clarity even further. So there's a possibility you'll like the ZP6 even less.
I find most of my brews with the k-plus to be a bit chalky, astringent. But when I grind more coarse to escape this, I find the flavors lacking. A friend of mine has a fellow ode, which doesn't have the chalkiness. So my hope is that the zp6, in offering less fines, would solve that problem. Or maybe i'm having a grinder wet dream. What do you think?

kidloco

#18: Post by kidloco »

Instant order for me. I expect a cleaner cup then with C40. I just want a different option for different coffees, love C40.

Milligan

#19: Post by Milligan »

How would something like this compare to the SSP MP burrs for clarity? I've never messed with hand grinders and wonder if there is anything missed with the low speed conicals for pour over.

mzaiya

#20: Post by mzaiya »

Just when I was going to purchase a K-Max, now let's see how the ZP-6 compares. I hope 1Zpresso consolidates their offerings, I think there are too many grinders that are similar.