1Zpresso Pour Over Grinder (JS-Pro)

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
snape

#1: Post by snape »

Hi Folks,
I just like to know if anyone has the 1Zpresso Pour Over Grinder JS-Pro. It is not available outside Asia, except if you found a Ali Store which ships to europe or USA or whereever.

They wrote that it is special for Pour Over, and not fast but with small effort to grind.

Perhaps somebody want to share experiences.

Snidel337

#2: Post by Snidel337 »

Hi Snape, i can't answer your question, but i have a jx-pro and i use it mainly for pour-over without any issue, as well as for espresso i think its a great purchase and i will recommend you to check up the reviews. Actually i traded out of a comandante for the jx-pro

Advertisement
snape (original poster)

#3: Post by snape (original poster) »

Well I bought the JS-Pro and had shortly afterwards a great offer for a Commandante. The JS had no chance against the Commandante, it produced more fines than I expected and the taste of the coffee was never as good as with the Commandante or the K-Plus.
So I sold it again. At least I tried it, so I know.

Jeff
Team HB

#4: Post by Jeff »

Espresso_Monkey

#5: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

I just bought a JX (not JX-Pro) as this seems to be preferred for pour-over. (The JX-Pro more geared towards espresso.)
Was looking for a grinder exclusively for pour-over.

It is yet to arrive, but I'm excitedly waiting...

Falling back in love with pour-over, even with my current modest Hario Slim...
Very excited to explore the brew-specific singles (and blends) that I've typically avoided, being more espresso focused historically.

marcoffee

#6: Post by marcoffee »

snape wrote:Well I bought the JS-Pro and had shortly afterwards a great offer for a Commandante. The JS had no chance against the Commandante, it produced more fines than I expected and the taste of the coffee was never as good as with the Commandante or the K-Plus.
So I sold it again. At least I tried it, so I know.
I've gotten to test the JS and I've preferred it over the C40 and K Plus! I've never heard of a "JS-Pro" though. There was a Zp6 and Z Plus which were the "pro" branded grinders featuring the same JS burr set.

Perhaps you've tried the JX Pro or JE Pro? In that regard, yeah I'd pick the C40 over both as well. Maybe the JX Pro over the K-Plus and the JE line of grinders at the very bottom in terms of what I'm looking for in a cup.

The C40 really is great in terms of output and accessibility to it (price not withstanding). I can't really fault them beyond some personal ergonomic issues.