1Zpresso & plane travel?

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
OpenSource

#1: Post by OpenSource »

Hello

I am using my 1zpresso + picopresso when I travel, but can I really check in for my flight having those in my hand luggage?

I do not want to have surprises at (European) airports!

Thanks!

PartySausage

#2: Post by PartySausage »

I had no problem between UK & Spain. I carried my full pour over kit including kettle, scale etc in hand luggage. I did take it out of my bag & put it in a separate tray at the security check as I thought they might be interested with them being unusual items but the chap just giggled when I explained what it was for. With the only coffee options in departures being Costa & Starbucks it meant I got a nice coffee before take-off too :-)

washed

#3: Post by washed »

I was asked WTF it was thru US security. I have since purchased the same travel case that 1zpresso bundles some of their grinders with (zp6) off aliexpress for ~10 USD shipped to keep the handle and brush with it.

Otherwise the giant metal barrel is a bit conspicuous.

Jonk

#4: Post by Jonk »

So far so good here as well, but I'm a bit nervous every time. At least some have shown a slight interest. Really nice to have it though, the K-Max's catch cup fits perfectly into an Aeropress.

jer_am

#5: Post by jer_am »

I travelled at airports in Europe with a handgrinder, scale and Mokapot and had no questions so far :)

Happymonday

#6: Post by Happymonday »

washed wrote:I was asked WTF it was thru US security. I have since purchased the same travel case that 1zpresso bundles some of their grinders with (zp6) off aliexpress for ~10 USD shipped to keep the handle and brush with it.

Otherwise the giant metal barrel is a bit conspicuous.

Canadian security was also WTF with my Jmax, but there was no real problem.

washed

#7: Post by washed »

Same. No problem with security, just wtf is this. Lol.

*sigh*

#8: Post by *sigh* »

I've flown a few times with my K-Plus in the US and never have even had questions about it. You might get asked questions but you'll have no issues.

LBIespresso
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by LBIespresso »

I get stopped for extra screening a about half of the time with my handgrinder. I always carry it on since I assume it will get my checked bag searched for sure. Almost always, after explaining what it is, the TSA person gives a big smile like, "I get it, coffee is important." I enjoy that moment when the see what it is and give me that look of understanding.
LMWDP #580

Newdent

#10: Post by Newdent »

I've never had trouble taking my hand grinder on a plane