1Zpresso JX-Pro - Page 2

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
InternationalOrange

#11: Post by InternationalOrange »

Does anyone have a personal comparison between this and a Pharos? I'm in the market for a small(ish) hand grinder for espresso, and have been a bit daunted by all the various options.

dbingham

#12: Post by dbingham »

What setting do you find best for the robot?

Advertisement
Kcable194

#13: Post by Kcable194 »

I'm also interested to see if anyone has compared it to a Pharos.

I typically use between 11-12 clicks from my zero point with my Robot. I do use a long preinfusion time though, 20 seconds. You will have to go coarser if you use more traditional techniques or you will most likely experience channeling.

Fred_Schmutzke

#14: Post by Fred_Schmutzke »

I registered as an active participant to this wonderful forum today, after passively reading and learning from it for the last couple of months. So thanks to all of you for sharing your experience in here.

I decided to register today, bcs I also received the JX-PRO just two days ago and I love it. Took my grind quality up a level from my Graef (aka Sunbeam) electrical grinder I have been using for the past couple of years. But I was also wondering about the "issue" (or the sense behind) that top ring and why it comes loose. Did you write 1Zpresso in the end to ask them about that, by any chance? I would be very interested in their explanation. Thank you.

lomolta

#15: Post by lomolta »

I noticed if you screw the upper ring very tight after cleaning for example it doesnt come loose itself. I open it up every time I clean the grinder and have to use a fair amount of force to get it loose, which never happened unintentionally while grinding after the first time I used the grinder and screwed it then back with a bit more force.

MTN Gert

#16: Post by MTN Gert »

I was lucky enough to get the top of the line K-Plus for Christmas and it has been fantastic. Only complaints so far is that it is only accurate to about 3 seconds per click for espresso but the outside adjustment ring and magnetic grounds catch are fantastic to say the least and the grounds quality is close to that of my ceado E37s
"Stop it....it's naughty and wrong" -James Hoffmann

Fred_Schmutzke

#17: Post by Fred_Schmutzke »

lomolta wrote:I noticed if you screw the upper ring very tight after cleaning for example it doesnt come loose itself. I open it up every time I clean the grinder and have to use a fair amount of force to get it loose, which never happened unintentionally while grinding after the first time I used the grinder and screwed it then back with a bit more force.
Thank you for the hint, simple but effective - that helped.

Unfortunately, I experienced another - a real - issue with my JX-Pro today. I took it apart today for cleaning and while brushing the outer pat of the burrs I saw, that there is a bigger hole in the burrs (see images). Definetely nothing that is supposed to be there and I am not impressed. I but will get a replacement asap, of course, to give 1Zpresso another shot, since the overall build and grind quality and bang for buck experience was very convincing so far.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the burrs?

Advertisement
Fred_Schmutzke

#18: Post by Fred_Schmutzke »

Fred_Schmutzke wrote:Unfortunately, I experienced another - a real - issue with my JX-Pro today. I took it apart today for cleaning and while brushing the outer pat of the burrs I saw, that there is a bigger hole in the burrs (see images). Definetely nothing that is supposed to be there and I am not impressed. I but will get a replacement asap, of course, to give 1Zpresso another shot, since the overall build and grind quality and bang for buck experience was very convincing so far.
A short update from my side. I wrote to 1Zpresso about this issue with the damaged burrs, because I am going to relocate to Canada soon and I wanted to know about the warranty options for a product bought in Germany (Amazon Germany, to be precise), etc.

And I can only say the best things about their customer service. Immediate replys, very personal, serious concern and very much focussed on solving the issue in the customer's best interest, no matter where it had been bought. They didn't even have to get involved, but in the end they offered me a way more service-oriented solution than Amazon themselves. Amazon signs its emails with "Our goal: to be the most customer-friendly company in the world." but 1Zpresso is the company living up to it. I am pleasantly surprised.

rv03

#19: Post by rv03 »

Hi,

Bought a Jx-Pro 2 days ago and i'm perfectly satisfied with Flair Classic ! For me it's the best bet for money for espresso hand grinder !

rv03

#20: Post by rv03 »

Easy hint to avoid loose basket during grinding : I just added a thin rubber band at the end of the thread. Would be best with an adapted o-ring. (More rigid material)