1Zpresso JE Plus - Page 10

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
Turner

#91: Post by Turner »

Hi.

Just bought the 1zpresso JE-plus. Still fighting with It. I suposse that the "zero" is the finest position, where I cannot turn clockwise more, right? And when you talk about positions and turns, you mean counting from the "zero".

Other thing that concerns me is the retention. After every grind, I see a lot of grinding in the bottom burrs exit. Is that normal? I was expecting way less retention there...

spressomon

#92: Post by spressomon »

^ I RDT using a little 2oz spritzer...one pump of mist onto the beans before pouring into the grinder and I don't have any retention/static to speak of.
No Espresso = Depresso

wkmok1

#93: Post by wkmok1 »

I think mine came correctly "zeroed". I started turning to around 22 and have been moving up and down from there, as I changed beans.

Tapping the grinder on a towel covered counter top a couple of times gets rid of most of the grinds stuck to the bottom of the burrs. Only a light dusting left over.
Winston

Turner

#94: Post by Turner »

What is the lowest point you have dialed for espresso? I find myself grinding at 18 for a dark cheap beans... Is that usual? The manual says that 22 is the lowest for espresso...

Thanks!

wkmok1

#95: Post by wkmok1 »

I am at 20 with a Rawandan bean.
Winston

Woodsman888

#96: Post by Woodsman888 »

Hi there, I want to ask for advice because I'm novice in world of coffee and I thinking about JE plus but now when I did read all previous chat I'm confused,because I want to try grind coffee not only for espresso. I've been thought about Comandante c40 1zpresso je plus and 1zpresso k plus. Thanks a lot

Urupackers

#97: Post by Urupackers replying to Woodsman888 »

The 1Zpresso are really good manual grinders, I have the Jx Pro for espresso and french press and I can recommend the brand, really quality products, the Je Plus I think that have the magnetized catch cup and italmill burrs, it have 200 clicks with tight adjustment like the Jx Pro that is what you need for espresso, and you can grind with the needed consistency for all the brew methods.

mwynne

#98: Post by mwynne »

Seconding the JX-Pro as a good option. I grind espresso, aeropress, pourover with it (haven't tried going coarser) with great success. I wish it had some of the features of the JE-Plus (magnetic catch cup etc), but for the price difference it's well worth it still. I'd say either of those models would do well, just determined by price and extra features.
LMWDP #673

Woodsman888

#99: Post by Woodsman888 »

Well , I'm still not decided between JE plus and K plus because K plus is more available for me not bad price and mainly for shipping time ( three days). K plus titanium coated version. JE plus delivery from 20-40 days.

GregoryJ

#100: Post by GregoryJ »

I have the K-pro and it really excels at coarser grinds. Makes a great moka pot, clever drip, or aeropress. It's good for espresso, but JE-plus gives a little more body.