1Zpresso JE Plus - Page 13

Grinders are one of the keys to exceptional espresso. Discuss them here.
renatoa

#121: Post by renatoa »

It's a range collected from various opinions and articles, nobody demonstrated so far that a certain value should be the red line.
It's about taste and personal preferences, after all.
I am using the numbers only to check how different is a new coffee grounds distribution versus the older coffee.
Depending on result I might change 1-2 clicks, plus or minus, then the taste will decide if the right choice, not the numbers.

Turner

#122: Post by Turner replying to renatoa »

Got It. Thanks a lot! Anyways, I was wondering If JE-plus was a deadend for filter coffee.

renatoa

#123: Post by renatoa »

Nope, check Timemore Chestnut X new burrs S2C "spike to cut" design, they claim an incredible low amount of fines.

ryry

#124: Post by ryry »

Now I'm interested in the Kinu - has anyone done a back-to-back with the Kinu and JE Plus. It sounds like grind quality might be similar but Kinu is much faster & takes more force & much fewer rotations than the JE Plus.

renatoa

#125: Post by renatoa »

40 seconds for 16 grams medium-light, with 11 kg force for 10 cm handle length.
You can easily measure your force for yours, using a luggage scale, using the hook/strap, to move the grinder handle.

Can't comment about "much" faster, I don't know any grinder needing more than one minute for such task.
Kinu surely requires a lot much force than others, Feldgrind for example needs only 4 kg force for same handle length, and only 5 seconds more, because the lower force allows you to grind much faster.

The above are valid for the standard burr though... the brew burr of Kinu is significantly different.
Good for kids and ladies as force, but much much longer... almost double time.